Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Bradford (FA CUP)

1235»

Comments

• Home to Morcambe. OK draw.

• There were definite boos on Tuesday night. Not sure if they were from Wycombe or Cambridge fans.

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2023

Phillips was celebrating yesterday's Cup win nearly as much as I was, after a sterling performance. Good lad.

Hopefully he didn't drink as much as I did.

• My only concern after attending the Bradford game was that after Potts went off at halftime, was how desperate we became. We appeared to stop the passing game, gave possession away too frequently and eventually resorted to hoofing it up to Hanlan after he came on. I felt sorry for him as he had very little quality ball and was being manhandled, (I thought swapping shirts whilst the game was on wasn't allowed?), by a primate the whole time. I kept questioning on the coach, "have we become a one man team" that is far too reliant on Freddie Potts?

• Primate in the zoological or ecclesiastical sense?

• Surely a two man team @EwanHoosaami Scowen and Potts... 😉

• With a few out on loan and I make it 9 players now injured and 4 out on loan with one injured, will be interesting to see who is available Saturday.

JJ, KVJ, Grimmer, Forino, McCarthy, Scowen, Potts, Ward, Vokes,

Wakely (injured/loan), Young (loan), Mellor (loan), Woodhouse (loan),

Appreciate Forino and Scowen were meant to be close on Saturday. Looks like only 14 available who have made more than 5 appearances. Then you've got Breckin, Clark, Skura.

Second season in a row we have got significant amount of injuries.

• Very true, and disconcerting how many are long term.

MB said Potts was taken off as a precaution. Hopefully that is the case!

• Inevitable comments on their forum about our usual weak referee allowing us to time waste. Was that the case? I was thinking our matches have been relatively free of our legendary gamesmanship this season.

• No. Understandable frustration.we did resort to 'protect the lead' but not the nonsense

• Excellent work from Matt

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2023

Matt Bloomfield returns World Cup to England in 2034