13. De Barr (sub)
        0.00%
    14. Sadlier (sub)
        0.00%
    15. Boyes (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Potts or Phillips.

• Leahy. TJ was bright off the bench and definitely warrants more minutes.

• I went for Phillips as he was desperately trying to energise an incredibly dull and cagey game, but Potts (who I believe got the official MOTM) was absolutely excellent, some key tackles, great reading of the game, and as they said on the comms "even his mishit passes go to the right player" - and they did.

I thought Pattenden had a shocker in parts v Bolton (and in fairness he is still a young lad that needs to be allowed to learn and part of that is making mistakes)...but he did very well tonight.

• edited October 2023

Phew lots of honest endeavour no end product tonight.

Great save by Max to keep us in the game, another good all round performance from Leahy, really good stuff from Potts & Phillips in midfield & Hanlan worked his socks off at both ends of the pitch. the rest of the boys were all 6/10 for me, so no bad performances.

Decent cameos from Sadlier & deBarr.

On balance I went for Potts this week but a very honourable mention for Max.

• So why say he had a shocker? Young player needs to be tested against the best in the division - he has against Bolton and Oxford's very strong attacking wing back. Don't think he let us down in either games - learnt some lessons but without game exposure, as you said he won't improve. And agree he had a good game this evening

• Tjay had some excellent touches. I’d love to see him get more game time.

• Went for Taffazoli. Fair play to the man comes back in and we see our first clean sheet in a while. Defended very well all night with Keogh

• edited October 2023

I think Pattenden has done really well for us & of course as a younger player learning his trade has made mistakes, but each week he has got better (from my perspective) because he is being tested. It is the same reason Forino needs to come back into the team as soon as he is fit, he won't improve without game time.

Just imagine a back 5 of Pattenden, Low, Forino, Leahy & Boyes - certainly wont get done for speed or heading ability & they are all comfortable with the ball at their feet.

• I thought that save near the end of the game by Stryjek was superb and saved us a point. He gets my vote.

Richard Keogh has taken a lot of stick recently but he was very solid tonight.

Phillips and particularly Potts both excellent in midfield.

Easy to see how Cambridge are joint clean sheet leaders in League 1. Don’t know if tonight’s clean sheet puts them top .

Frustrating not to get the three points but with at least half a dozen regular starters either unwell, injured or suspended, we are going to struggle. Especially as the games have been coming thick and fast.

• Fully agree, I went with Taf as well, good to see him back

• Potts by a county mile. Only outfield player who can honestly say he had a good 90 minutes.

• I went with Taff too - in a 0-0 it is hard to give it to an attacker, and he was a rock!

• Taff's for me. But honorable mentions for all of the above. We have some good players you know.

• Pretty easy one for me tonight, Potts

• Taf for me, made some good headed clearances and generally strengthened the defence.