Skip to content

RIP Dave Finch

A Wanderers supporter for as long as I can remember, and co-author of the superb history of the club with @Steve_Peart .

Condolences to his family and friends.

Comments

• Very sad news. RIP Dave

• Dreadful news.

• Condolences to his friends and family.

A great loss to the Wycombe community

• Lovely man, great supporter. He’ll be sadly missed.

• Very sad. A true giant among Wycombe supporters.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• edited October 2023

Very sad news indeed. The book you mention is a fantastic chronicling of WWFC's history, Dave also wrote many articles in the match day programme for many years with accounts of matches from days gone by that I remember fondly. RIP Dave

• That’s very sad news. Dave and Lynden have been totally committed supporters of the football club for as long as I can remember. A truly devoted and lovely couple .

Our paths have only crossed briefly in recent years but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the beautiful photographs on Facebook taken on their regular walks during that time.

My sincere condolences to Lynden and all her family and friends.

• I’ve known Dave and Lynden since the early 60s in Loudwater. It was always a highlight of away matches when they would come up north and we had a few minutes to get together. Dave’s knowledge of the blues history since the 60s is unparalleled.

Lynden , I will miss catching up with you and Dave, hopefully we will be able to catch up again soon.

• What terribly sad news.

• Very sad news, condolences to Lynden and the rest of the family. RIP Dave.

• That’s really sad news... 🥺

• A massive loss to the club and community. RIP

• Damn, that's terrible news.

• I didn't know Dave but i'd love to read the book where can i get it??

• Lovely tribute, sorry for your loss, and condolences to friends and family

• Sad news, a really great guy. My first regular seat on a season ticket for the 1992/93 season was in front of him by the players' tunnel.

Always said a friendly hello whenever we met, be it at Wycombe or another local team.

• @Robin, Wycombe library had a copy, hopefully still do. They come up for sale occasionally on eBay. There are some currently for sale on second hand sites if you search. Amazon has a used one for £15.99 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wycombe-Wanderers-1887-1996-Official-History/dp/1874427763

• Oh no my deepest condolences.

• Very sad news indeed

• Unless my wife has thrown it out while I wasn't looking, I have a copy which I would be happy to lend you. PM me.

• This is really sad news, he was such a genuine, warm person. Condolences to his family.

• Very sad news to take in. Dave was a diehard fan but also a “proper Chairboy”. Although now retired, Dave line of work was real Wycombe - he was an upholsterer and worked for several local firms & was well known in the trade.

Particularly at cricket in the summer we’d swap stories of groundhopping adventures & he’d always have the answer as to how to get to the most obscure grounds - be they in England, Scotland or Wales. His knowledge of WW was enormous & I shall miss our conversations be they at cricket or football. My condolences to Dave’s family, a very sad day.

• Very sad news. I shall miss our post match conversations. To steal @Steve_Peart’s words; ‘he told it as it was, strong opinions, no mincing of words, and with a great sense of humour.’

• Deepest condolences to all that knew and loved him

• Lovely words mate

• Tough times right now, but hope I bump into you soon.

• Welcome to the Gasroom Lynden, and the biggest of condolences for your loss. If there's anything the Wycombe fan community can do to help then do let us know.