Skip to content

Harry Boyes signs on loan

2»

Comments

• Another fantastic signing. Really pleased with how we are shaping up. Bloomfield hitting all the right positions with the right players now.

• Ward ? Been missed. I think he's a bit more highly thought of than some of the other youngsters, seemed to get his nose in front of Young last season

• The only challenge to the ticker in that fine old pub is the flight of stairs to the gents.

Delicious as the fare was, the portion sizes posed no threat. I had three spears of tender-stem broccoli with my smoked haddock kedgeree fish cakes and poached egg in Hollandaise sauce. Oh, and a small vertically stacked portion of chips in a children’s earthenware mug.

Dessert was a mini blackcurrant crumble with a doll’s house sized jug of unusually dark yellow custard. A triumph of quality over quantity. Cappuccino excellent.

Would definitely recommend the Firecrest and plan to return in the very near future. I don’t know when Vintage Inns took over but the cuisine is definitely much improved compared with the offerings when we went there a few times about fifteen years ago!

PS. They offer a substantial number of real ales, including Tribute which I used to enjoy for the best part of thirty years on our annual visits to the Bude Jazz Festival.

• I thought I'd clicked on TripAdviser for a second there.

Was expecting @trevor to add 'the custard was shite'

• With apologies to Haribo, "Wycombe fans all jump for joy / In the happy world of Harry Boyes"

Sorry.

• Confession time! I’m not one to laugh out loud very often but that Haribo ad with the two coppers still tickles me pink every time I see it. Childish or what?!

No innuendo about me pink, please.

• The Haribo adverts are absolute genius.

• Since its change of name to The Firecrest, it's always been Vintage Inns (aka Mitchells & Butlers). its proper name of course is The Halfway House being the point at which horses were changed between Amersham and Aylesbury. Renaming it was a nice bit of cultural destruction although it had already had its name changed to The Office by the time M & B took over.

One day I'll get to write about football...

• The Fosters adverts make me laugh.

Voodoo Jazz Hat anyone?

• Ooh... love a pint of Tribute me !

• Serious question regarding the loans...and apologies if this has been asked and answered many times...but if it is a Season Long loan, does that mean the parent club cannot recall the player?

I mean I know it's doubtful Man City will be short of a midfielder or six, but if Sheffield decide they need a left back all of a sudden...

• They can only recall in the winter transfer window (ie all of Jan) if the loan agreement permits.

Its almost a certainty that they’d be a recall clause for both players just in case the loan doesn’t work at all as City or Sheff United would prefer to be able to recall and send their player elsewhere or just have them back if they weren’t playing at all.

• Thanks @Theatre_of_Chairs that makes sense.

• For added detail here’s the relevant rule.

56 STANDARD LOANS

56.1 Subject to the provisions of Regulation 55, Standard Loan transfers shall only be approved in accordance with following provisions:

56.1.1 subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season;

56.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the Winter Transfer Window;

• Great Yorkshire accent and yet another articulate youngster.

Interview after Maidenhead v Solihull Moors:

https://youtu.be/OoRa410aVxU