Skip to content

Rumour Mill

Comments

• I think the camera needs to be pointed at Revs for the wildlife.

• El-Mizouni has gone to Orient again, Chislett to Port Vale, two more to strike a line through.

• Knowing us lot it would probably end up more like The Detectorists stake out of the plane crash site in series two.

• Missing out on Idris El Mizouni feels like rather a significant blow.

Can we really not compete with Leyton Orient now?

With each passing day it feels like our recruitment plans are being torn to ribbons.

• He had spent a season with them already. That would always put them as favourites in my book. It is why so many fans of other teams have been disappointed on the nine occasions we have signed Jason McCarthy.

• You could say the same about Charlton and Derby who were also rumoured to be keen.

• There is a long while to go.... if Bloomfield took advice from GA he will know its worth hanging on for targets.

Many players....and more so their agents.... Will be waiting it out for the big deal... that maybe isn't coming. Patience my children, patience....

• Thanks for the honesty, no need, over speculating a bit on a forum when not much is happening is no harm to anyone, and taking this club and it's random goings on a bit too seriously is what we do. As for your last line I'd imagine a fairly high percentage and don't mean that as any kind of insult. Hope you are able to ask and get good advice from people who actually know what they are talking about if you feel you need it

• edited July 2023

Thank you @StrongestTeam for your words of kindness.

Its an ongoing journey mate. As I say I'm sure I've had it all my life and at 38 I've learned how to deal with it. It was however nice to get the official diagnosis and be able to accept that my sometimes "extra" ways are just because I'm me!!

• Such an open and honest post @Alexo

I am sure now that you know the cause you can navigate your way through.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• @Alexo thanks for the courageous and honest post and for sharing your insights.

I hope finally being diagnosed is liberating for you, although I hope that doesn’t feel I’m downplaying your condition.

Not sure this will help but I’ve always found your posts to be generally more reasonable than a lot of others on here.

• Hear, hear. @Alexo always comes off as affable and likeable. A great addition to the rich tapestry that is the Gasroom!

• Nice one @Alexo . Very easy to thoughtlessly steam into someone on a largely anon forum at times without knowing their background etc.

No need to explain yourself though, it's an uncertain time we're all nervous about.

The change of management, the really bitty form and results afterwards last season and the absolute gutting of the squad numbers with only a journeyman defender coming on board by early July, certainly means only the super positive think all is well.

However, hope springs eternal.

Do you only get to midweeks these days then?

I used to know a family who went to every single game, even south west midweek in the LDV. Year after year.

Then they moved away and almost never went again. Must be such a huge change in lifestyle.

• He’s had a few loan clubs but 8 years at Derby with two years still left on his contract when he was sacked would hardly class him in the journeyman role.

WWFC is an addiction for many of us and brings out the best and worst in us every season.

• edited July 2023

It's funny, someone I know described Mason mount as a journeyman which I thought was bonkers.

Apparently the true definition of journeyman is not top class, solid pro.

But not the definition we tend to use in football.

But I'd say Keogh with 14 or 15 clubs certainly matches journeyman by football definition anyway.

• Yep.... sadly only midweek games now. However on a Saturday my phone is in my pocket for continued glances and as soon as I'm finished at 4pm I'm straight into my car to get the radio on!!

• Also... thank you everyone for lovely comments

• I assume where you work is too far away for this to be a consideration, but assume you can't get straight over to the games to at least get the 2nd half?

I had a spell 2 decades or so back where we'd often play on Fernie Fields with a 2pm or even 2.30 or so kick off, and i'd hassle a teammate to drop me at the game.

I'd often only get say 30mins, and it'd typically be the 30mins nothing happened in, but was still worth it.

• I admire your honesty and the fact that when you recently posted something you thought on reflection was worded too strongly you had the decency to apologise. I think everyone on here respects your opinion.

• @Alexo thanks for your post and sorry about your struggles. I think the departure of GA (despite being predicted for about five years! πŸ˜‰) took us all a little bit by surprise and thrust us all back into the uncertainty of professional football comings and goings that we had been shielded from for a decade . To be honest the world in general seems to be far too depressing and volatile for me at the moment (probably for all of us) so a little steam blowing on a football forum (even if you do get some thumbs down and push back) is small beer.

And the ball kicking...once it starts...acts as a pressure release for me at least!

I'm hoping Bloomy has a good first full season to build on, whoever he signs or does not sign, and we can look forward to another period of stability in the management team at least...but people moaning about signings...not signings...and other posters is what the Gasroom is all about.

And the Drummer.

And Crisps.

• Probably before your time, but David Unsworth once signed for Villa, played one pre season friendly, at our ground (!), then signed for Everton about a week later.

He'd only left Everton a season before, failed to settle in London at West Ham, and thought Villa might be the answer. It wasn't.

• Unsworths wife wore the trousers and wanted to be up nr Liverpool.

• I knew that but only because I think he's the only player to play for all three claret and blue clubs in PL history

• Who was the player who drove to QPR (I think) on deadline day begging to be signed even though they didn’t want him? Or did I just dream that?

• Was it Joey Beauchamp that went from West Ham to the PNLs and back again in a couple of weeks?