0.00%
    11. Hanlan
        0.00%
    12. Freeman (sub)
        1.64%
    13. Wheeler (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• I felt everyone played pretty well, but the standout was most definitely JJ who absolutely rolled back the years, thought TJay & grimmer were really good too

• Agree about JJ and we could easily have been a goal down at half time without the perfect timing of his double challenge (in a central position) on the Barnsley forward who would otherwise have been clean through on goal.

But to lose a game which we dominated as an attacking force, albeit a blunt one (12 corners to their 1 but none converted) makes it difficult for me to single out one individual as man of the match. It was another terrific team performance with much to be admired which adds to the difficulty of choosing a particular player but, based on potential and (to me at least) the unexpectedly dramatic impact of Tjay De Barr - very much a rising star - clinches it.

• Good to read that as I do remember some doubting if Tjay had a future as an EFL player, let alone a Wycombe player, last season. He's really pressed on and seized his opportunity this year.

• I went for TJ but yet again it could have been anyone

• JJ comfortably for me. Excellent defensive work. Excellent aerially. Led by example. Scowen and TJ also strong.

• Personally, I thought Forino was head and shoulders above everyone else

• edited March 2023

Went Forino, but thought JJ had the sort of game that proves he can do a 10th year here next season.

Plus De Barr who I'm not quite as convinced on a others yet, had a couple of superb touches that opened up chances, plus looks an absolute menace with his runs.

• I went with Wing, thought he really pinged it about nicely in midfield. JJ is a fair shout though, put in a mighty shift and took a bunch of clatterings for his troubles.

It’s obviously not an injury contest but Grimmer and Scowen were also in the wars yet continued to plough through it all.

• I went for JJ and was pleasantly surprised to see the other votes pretty much matching my own rankings.

• Really delighted for Joe.

• That spell as caretaker manager (all 44 minutes of it) must have given him a real boost. Another true Wycombe legend.