Skip to content

Training Ground/tonight's webinar

124»

Comments

• I'm.not sure anyone on here is that romantic about any owner @aloysius we all know it is very rare to find one that isn't out to shaft the club...its just a question of degree. So far so good and my chickens are not yet counted but we do have to enjoy it to some extent while it lasts. My complaint about marlow if I can recall was that seemed to me to be a lot of 'they've all ****ed it up tne corrupt bastards' and not a lot of 'what we need to do now is...' Not sure where that sits in eric's assessment of gasroom reaction though.

• I have the following comments on your post of 9.23 @NiceCarrots -

1-3 I have no particular interest either. Like others on here, I just found it surprising since, if I remember correctly, you seemed at the time (a long time ago!) to be singing from the same song sheet.
    I know you by sight and name but other than a fleeting exchange in the Woodland on some administrative matter (signing a document), we are not acquainted and I personally have absolutely no axe to grind.

1. Good.

2. Agreed.

3. I didn’t know that. I thought the Dutch bid came after the approach from the Couhigs. Ultimately of course the right decision was made but you have opened my eyes in the matter of “shrewdness” by your revelation, new to me, that Heads of Terms (not Heads of Agreement?) were signed with what sounds like a pretty dodgy pair of chancers.

My relentless quest to unmask @marlowchair continues!

• Always count your chickens @Wendoverman otherwise you won't know if the sly old fox has stolen one or two!

• Beautifully constructed and well argued post as we’ve come to expect from you @aloysius. I envy you having your own jury; I only have little old me!

I love your dismissal of the superb new state of the art floodlights as “coming in handy”.

I drew attention to the Woodland Lounge situation by opening a thread about it. I was neither excised (sic) from it nor uniquely exercised about it but the majority of members were clearly very concerned - witness the 6,600 visits and 118 comments on that thread. The situation wasn’t well handled, I grant you that.

I understand, correctly I hope, that, with customary common sense, Gareth Ainsworth maintained (and Rob Couhig agreed of course!) that spending big money on players would not guarantee survival in the Championship but that signing the right sort of committed players with ambition and potential would give us a fighting chance. The evidence of the last half dozen or so matches suggests that he was probably being realistic.

• You've got your fiesty hat on today oldest son. I ruv it.

Drop Al Cecil a mail. He alludes to knowing who marlow is.
    Then pm your old pal malone?

On another note i always found it strange how the guy who posts as cecil..isn't actually one of the plentiful Cecil clan.

• @Malone said:
    You've got your fiesty hat on today oldest son. I ruv it.

Drop Al Cecil a mail. He alludes to knowing who marlow is.
    Then pm your old pal malone?

On another note i always found it strange how the guy who posts as cecil..isn't actually one of the plentiful Cecil clan.

All I said was that @marlowchair left plenty of clues here and if you search through his varied posts, you will see what i did. They just didn't all fit together!

• Posts that aged very poorly eh micra?

if only nice carrots and marlowchair were listened to. They were very right about the trust and those who led us into this current cluster

• Ah the "I told you so" merchants out in force.

I bet when Ainsworth eventually leaves we'll have loads of "never did like his football, could have done better" type stuff.

• If only @NiceCarrots and @marlowchair would reveal their true identity we might know whether they are credible sources of information.

• It's well known who Carrots is and what his angle is.

Marlow less so.

• Not from me you won’t , but the negativity and outright attacks from some on here that bordered on bullying , against a few contributors who :-

1. expressed strong concern about the competency of those leading hr trust on the initial negotiations
    2. expressed concern about conflict of interest during same
    3. forecast the vulnerability of the trust should those on charge less is down the path they were heading
    4. questioned the depth of consideration of all market options compared to the single minded pursuit of a deal with Couhig
    5. raised serious concerns about loans accepted from potential buyers prior to any firm deal being done this reducing the truss bargaining position substantially
    6. questioned why the leaders who took us to rock bottom financially saw themselves stroll into a football club board position in The deal- who have been on that board now whilst these alarming debts and rash spending has been allowed by the majority owners which brings us to this position.

Definitely warrants revisiting and remembering . Sometimes people who know and care walk among us and had the best intentions and didn’t deserve the shunning they received ?

• twizz, their identities are irrelevant to me, they were right, very right , and these recent events demonstrate that firmly. That’s the important point. The obsession with needing to know who they are is a red herring in my opinion and not important . You may disagree of course

• The problem as I remember it at the time was that there was very little said that was verifiable and too much of it came over as personality clashes.

it was evident that the main complainants had been/were involved with the workings of the Board and it was difficult for onlookers, like myself, to understand what was true and what wasn’t.

I found @marlowchair to be an interesting and eloquent poster and do miss their contributions.

I did find @NiceCarrots (no offence - please keep posting!) too prone to a ‘chip on shoulder’ posting style though.

• I always thought that Marlowchair, @NiceCarrots and new poster @Hilaryhughenden enjoyed far too much throwing mud at people who couldn’t defend themselves, were plainly pursuing vendettas in pursuit of longstanding grievances, never offered alternative solutions and often misrepresented or were downright “economical with the truth.

they were in my opinion plainly at best acting in cahoots or more likely in my view were the same poster with multiple identities.

it seems they were far more interested in pursuing their personal vendettas than pursuing the best interests of WWFC.

just my opinion though. Other opinions are available….

• Point to where i’ve Thrown mud or pursued any vendetta Dev?

• The training ground deal stunk. Just saying. Amazed that this has not been more of a topic of conversation over the years with fans especially as the beneficiaries of the deal are still very much in the shadows of our club.

• The problem with Nice Carrots and Marlow Chair is that neither of them could keep the lid on their personal animus long enough to communicate their legitimate concerns.

• I have noticed that we have some contributors that rarely comment on football but are obsessed with the town hall politics.

For my part the members of the trust board I’ve met have all been good people trying to help the club.

• intentions aren’t never doubted , but if you try and help do something burn only succeed in leading it down the drain into the financial sewer, you are accountable no?

• Yeah. Wouldn’t be so bad if that small army of council insiders, chartered surveyors, wildlife analysts, planning consultants and drainage experts actually commented on the football once in a while.

• Isn't MarlowChair and Hilaryhughenden the same person using a different moniker? Just a hunch but could be wrong.

• edited November 2022

It's an absolute certainty that HH's "oh my husband is a trust member and mentioned this site" backstory is absolute pony.

You wonder what the link is with Carrots too.

Whose bizarre style of posting ultra negative witch hunt stuff about whoever is currently running the club, then refusing to respond to any of the responses it generates is very bizarre.

• I favour a broad church approach to the free expression of views but do also believe that we should provide evidence where we are making accusations, something Mr Carrots seems not capable of doing...