Skip to content

@drcongo and @ReturnToSenda

2»

Comments

• I was going to say this is what happens when we don't have a game for a while.

Forgetting we've not had any break, we've just been a bit disappointing!

• I rather like that description, @bookertease - call me SOGGY- but would have liked my moniker to be in bold type like my fellow boozers !

• I love that picture of The Gasroom pub too. Hopefully it is a full house again soon!

• driven away by online bullies who think they are funny

• Disappointing. There are a couple of idiots on here and whilst we should all believe in free speech, deliberate trolling should result in a ban.

• If anyone knows Tom personally, hopefully they can reach out to him. If he is off Twitter I have no idea how he could be reached by most of us. I hope he is okay.

• I recently had to leave another online forum (not football related) and block someone.

i had left a pretty innocuous comment on a thread and thought nothing more of it, unfortunately the original poster flipped and turned it into some sort of vendetta following me onto other threads and “straw manning” everything I posted and trying to drag me into arguing.

It very quickly turned something that was an enjoyable time filler into a frustrating drain on my day and eventually I baled out.

• I quit twitter but got lured back in again, I now cope by keeping everything to a bare minimum, only follow a few teams, don't look at opposition views, and don't comment, that way you don't get dragged in, but still get to see news or updates that your interested in... working so far !

• Great to see Tom’s post.

Hope for similar reassurance from @drcongo soon.

• i’ll have my usual lager top, Kestrel if it’s on tap.

• I'm not sure it is Eric. The underlying politics are decidedly left wing, which suits me but anybody with a right wing agenda (and they do come on here from time to time) tends to get roundly shouted down. It also tends to be pro-Couhigs and again anti comments tend to get robustly confronted. I make no further comment on either points but I suspect that any messageboard without some form of bias would just end up as total chaos.

• This is true, was going to say the same thing earlier but didn't as I was in rush to go out. Mention any of the above and people don't like it, you could add in the subject of Gareth ever leaving, people will just try and be funny or insist he'll be here forever. and I'm afraid there are quite a few posters who don't like a different view to theirs and will argue black is white. As I said in my post earlier re twitter, I just don't bother to say or respond sometimes as life can just be easier when your not having an argument with someone.

• I’m still alive. And as much as I love most of you, after being accused of being the gasroom stasi for simply asking people to discuss injury news in a single thread instead of every thread, I really can’t be arsed anymore.

• @drcongo so would you say you’ve picked up a knock, and you’re edging closer to full fitness?

• @drcongo - glad you are ok, hope you can be arsed again soon

• The stasi get a lot of bad press but no one talks about the positives.

• edited September 2022

Let’s all vote on whether members who fail to comply with entirely reasonable requests from our gaffer (eg to confine comments about the dire injury situation to the eponymous thread) should be suspended for a specific period, to be decided by the aforementioned gaffer.

Really glad you’re ok @drcongo; sorry to hear that you’ve been pissed off.

Come back soon.

• This isn't really that fair though, especially on the Couhigs comment.

I'm not sure anyone disagreed that the pricing of burgers and suchlike was mad, that it was dangerous going so hard on automatic promotion being the aim, and other such things. That sort of "anti" Couhig commentary is frequent and no problem.

It's more the posters casting aspersions on their intentions based on absolutely nothing that are rightly shouted down.

• Funny you should say that, @eric_plant.

@bluntphil was telling me ages ago, in the context of his occasional Gasroom get-togethers in London pubs, that you’d be amazed if you saw just how disparate the guys attending were. Basically, all they had in common was their love of Wycombe Wanderers.

@bluntphil being @bluntphil, he wasn’t going to give me the slightest hint of gossip about individual Gasroomers!! Be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed.

• I went to one myself Micra, a lovely evening.

I've always found Wycombe fans to be great company having been going up and down the country for years, and yes very often the only thing many of us have in common with each other is that we love our football club

• Interesting point. I think the underlying politics of social internet is left-wing. Those who have more conservative leanings know when to get involved and when to chuckle and move on, not just on the Gasroom, but all over the internet.

I've met some great friends through the Gasroom, and we disagree on pretty much everything apart from Wycombe Wanderers. That's how life should be.