Skip to content

Recruitment strategy

2»

Comments

• edited July 2022
  • Well problem is we seem to always sell our players for less than we should get or they leave for nothing hardly good financial strategy .

• Bearing in mind we often don't release the fee, how do you know this?

• Trev is mates with Richie and saw how much was going in the till in the club shop.

• We have not sold any development players yet. I think we'll start seeing the fees come on as the successful ones depart periodically.

• I have to say...this must be @trevor and @Wanderers82 's best pre-season ever.

As far as I recall they don't usually get involved in debate until the first goal against us goes in.

• Typical gasroom fans think they are the superior fans and anyone else can't have any different opinion on club matters without petty insults thrown at said people.

• But you’re not “anyone else” @trevor. You are a Gasroom fan, whether you like it or not.

• Does that mean @trevor is a fan of the Gasroom or a fan who frequents the Gasroom then?

• However, @trevor deserves to have his point of view like anyone else on the gasroom.

Keep posting @trevor, I may not agree with all your posts but your sometimes alternative view is different and different adds interest.

• I was commenting on your surprising large number of pre-season posts...which I'm not sure I've seen before @trevor

Nobody is saying you cannot say what you want...like Eamon Holmes, Piers Morgan and other truth tellers...you can say what you want and you do.

Doesn't mean I think you're right...

• I think Trevor and Wanderers82 are missing the point. No one is saying that you aren’t entitled to express your opinion, just questioning why it is always, without exception, so depressingly negative and pessimistic.

• Time for another ignore...their posts, like life, are just too short and full of woe.

• Read my posts....I do send positive messages when warranted ...the Vokes signing was a masterstroke..

• If I didn't know better I'd suggest there's a bit of multi account action going on here.

• edited July 2022

Quite weird but I actually enjoy @trevor’s posts. Always difficult to gauge the nuances online but it does feel to me that they are honest in their comments and opinions.

i also don’t have a problem with people who feel the need to mainly post what many of us see as negatively. Football is (and should remain) an emotional ride - and when the ride threatens to go off the rails, posting on here can be the equivalent of reaching for that bottle of Chivas Regal (in a four-dollar room).

i do struggle with @Wanderers82 posts though (no offence meant). They may indeed be genuine and heartfelt but they just read (to me at least) as low-level trolling.

• edited July 2022

Great post @bookertease - I think someday there will be a 'Gasroom Spectrum' chart available showing where we all sit on the pessimism-realism-optimism scale.

• Think we would need a Cartesian Coordinate Plane @Shev to plot our positions, I am positive about our mid field, pessimistic about Parsons making an impact, neutral about the goal keeper recruitment.

• I'm not sure we actually need to sell any players at all for the Dev team to pay its way, presumably if we didn't have 8-10 young prospects on relatively cheap wages we'd be filling the squad with pro's on more money just to fulfill our fixtures, the youngsters also being far happier to not play for a bit given they are developing and to accept cheaper and shorter term contracts while being easy to loan out. Start buying fringe pro's and they need to work out immediately or they are a drain and will be causing problems around the place if they benchwarm for too long.

There's always balance to be had , sure we'll see one or two experienced people turn up before September but it's not worth bankrupting yourself to sign them a few weeks earlier. Can only imagine what someone like McCleary might have wanted if we tried to sign him as his previous contract was running out rather than when he'd been in a park training on his own after the next season had already started. Having proved a great signing with hunger and fitness the wage probably then goes up again when he extends his contact.