Skip to content

Calling all Stattos!

Could any kind folk who grace this platform confirm whether this has statistically been our most successful season ever ?

Is it my imagination, or did we go up with 1.74 points per game last time and this season we finished with 1.80 p.p.g?

Extraordinary achievement from a club (whose resources are dwarfed by our competitors, see today's Sheff. Wed's A/Cs for details) and had to bounce back after the heartbreak of relegation.

That enough cliche for one post.

Y-I-Q,

N.C.

Comments

• Certainly our most successful in the third tier - we finished with a fractionally better 1.82 PPG in League Two in 2014/15 and 2017/18

• edited May 2022

Most successful outright looks to be 2.4 PPG en route to winning the Isthmian League in 1986/87 (I guess it's possible that we had an even better season before three points for a win, but it's hurting my head trying to figure out how to compare the two equally!).

This is all on Wiki btw!

• Looks like the Spartan League winning season of 1920/21 would equate to a fairly remarkable 2.68 PPG using 3 points for a win...

• We managed 2.238 PPG in the 91-2 season when we came 2nd to Col U. Any other year we'd have been runaway champions.