Skip to content

12 Jan Trust Webinar

124»

Comments

• Brexit hardman Steve Baker is always very quick to tweet his support of Wycombe when things are going well, so if he sees a photo op of him in a hard hat on a building site then he might be supportive.

• I know it will never happen, but the ideal site is the Town end of the Rye, perfect for Rail,Bus and Car.
    All the bars,shops and bistros would benefit.
    A bit like Plymouth's Home Park, a Stadium within a huge park.
    Ample of room on the rye, the football pitches are not so in demand as they were in the60/ 70/80 and 90's.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I know it will never happen, but the ideal site is the Town end of the Rye, perfect for Rail,Bus and Car.
    All the bars,shops and bistros would benefit.
    A bit like Plymouth's Home Park, a Stadium within a huge park.
    Ample of room on the rye, the football pitches are not so in demand as they were in the60/ 70/80 and 90's.

Isn't the Rye a flood plain?

• Large South American black cat, four letters. Just saying.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Large South American black cat, four letters. Just saying.

You mean to say Puma will sponsor an access road if we give them naming rights until 2060? Adams Puma Park?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Does anyone have any idea where this second road would go exactly? Two steep hills, one covered in trees, the other leading to some pretty grand houses that I can’t imagine would be too chuffed at becoming an entrance / exit to a football ground.

Would be like a posh Luton Town.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    I'm inclined to agree with you @StrongestTeam but I'm struck this week by how supportive Oxfordshire CC are to Oxford's proposed move and the real likelihood that they could build on land on the Oxford greenbelt. Maybe with the council's support we could find a similar site in an area ear-marked for development around High Wycombe - where there's a will there's a way and all that. Handy Cross seems like the obvious place to build a new stadium but no idea of land availability there.

None of this is me saying we should move though. But if the aim is for us to become a sustainable Championship club then the AP access and capacity is going to hold us back somewhat, and I suspect is going to be a very difficult, maybe even impossible problem to solve in that location.

I've lived in Wycombe all my life. I've yet to witness a coherent plan from Wycombe council regarding the future of any part of this town. Which is quite extraordinary considering that every member of staff and every elected official must have been replaced many times over.
    How many examples do you need? Cressex island, Eden Centre, Chiltern Centre, Wycombe sports centre, the A40 corridor, Bucks New Uni, etc etc etc

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Buy the first industrial unit at the bottom of Hillbottom Road (first on the left as you come up the road towards the stadium) and build a multi-storey car park.

Or perhaps just build a multi-storey on our own car park, they did exactly the same at the train station?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@arnos_grove said:
    Does anyone have any idea where this second road would go exactly? Two steep hills, one covered in trees, the other leading to some pretty grand houses that I can’t imagine would be too chuffed at becoming an entrance / exit to a football ground.

Would be like a posh Luton Town.

POTD