Skip to content

Burton Albion (h) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 21 - Tues 7th Dec

2»

Comments

• 4302 with 189 Brewers

• 4289 with 216 away please

• The weather looks as though it will be inclement beforehand but clearing up early during the game.

I go 4284 with 201 with a journey home which will be easier weatherwise but not otherwise.

An early mention for @Alexo for being early and predicting first and a joint award to @bookertease and @MindlessDrugHoover in the feasible but also symetrical / minimalistic / amusing / sequential competition.

@bookertease said:
    4321 with 234

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    4444 with 222 Brewers.

At 10:30 there are 25 predictions in and the averages are:
    Average for Total Crowd: 4437
    Average for Away Crowd 210

There is one of the largest spreads between highest and lowest in percentage terms that we have seen for a while.

I will do an update with a reminder sometime later today for those still to predict.

Deadline for predictions - one hour before KO - 18:45 tonight

• 4580 with 264 from Burton

• 4321 234 Burton

• edited December 2021

4311 with 231 Richards

• 4114, with 202 in the away end.

• 4092 with 197 Brewers

• 3973 with 212 Burton

• 4101 187 Brewers

• 4200 with 150 away

• Just under 2 hours to deadline for posting a prediction on this thread

• 18:45 - 1 Hour before kick off

At 16:50 we have 34 predictions in with several of the occasionals and some of the table toppers possiblily still to predict.

All are welcome to put in a prediction.

We now say -
    Average for Total Crowd: 4379
    Average for Away Crowd 209

Of those who have forecast at least once this season, these haven't done so far this game:
    @eric_plant
    @HCBlue
    @our_frank
    @ryan_w_kirby
    @wwfcblue
    @TheAndyGrahamFanClub
    @LDF
    @Stoat_Goggles
    @oxfordshirechairboy
    @Blue_since 1990
    @davebevan
    @PrinceOfCrowell

Good voice to those who will be there.

• 3,626, with 155 most welcome visitors from Staffordshire.

• 3,761 with 104 away fans

• 4000 with 200 Victuallers

• 4291 with 197 away

• Looks very low. Be amazed if it’s more than 4000.

• The BBC has it as 3602

• Thanks @Erroll_Sims - the club gave that and 102 in the away end on twitter just after the end of the game.

Everybody predicted a bigger crowd than it was.

Here are the top five predictions:

@NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 3766 was out by 164
    @a40 whose prediction of 3973 was out by 371
    @wwfcblue whose prediction of 4000 was out by 398
    @mooneyman whose prediction of 4012 was out by 410
    @DJWYC whose prediction of 4099 was out by 497

Many congratulations to @NewburyWanderer for being the closest by a long way.

I don't think there will be many alterations to the season long competition, but further information tomorrow! @ryan_w_kirkby - I don't think you will worry too much about yours not counting as it time stamped after kick off. Perhaps there is a time zone anomaly in Vipienne.

3 points to us! The Wmbledon attendance thread is up. Happy predicting.

• Was I too late again?

• @our_frank seems to have been missed too.
    Outstanding effort to get that close

• Go easy on me Railways eh

• Apologies to @eric_plant, @our_frank and @NewburyWanderer - I was a bit in automatic mode last night and missed two of the three predictions closest to the deadline.

@NewburyWanderer please still accept congratulations for being the first to recognise and reason out the possibility of a low crowd and was part of a top three well clear of most of us.
    Congratulations to @eric_plant who just pipped @NewburyWanderer and many congratulations to @our_frank who was the closest of the week by a margin and landed a double digit score - good work indeed and a new personal best.

Here is a revised top ten, apologies for the mess up and thanks to those who quickly pointed it out.

@our_frank whose prediction of 3626 was out by 24
    @eric_plant whose prediction of 3761 was out by 159
    @NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 3766 was out by 164
    @a40 whose prediction of 3973 was out by 371
    @wwfcblue whose prediction of 4000 was out by 398
    @mooneyman whose prediction of 4012 was out by 410
    @DJWYC whose prediction of 4099 was out by 497
    @BlueBoy whose prediction of 4114 was out by 512
    @Glenactico whose prediction of 4178 was out by 576
    @twizz whose prediction of 4200 was out by 598

Tour de Season latest up later today - I had a quick look and I think only the top three this week improved their overall scores and there is only one person who changes position in that table.

Happy predicting for the Wimbledon game.

• thanks very much, @railwaysteve Certainly no need to apologise. How is the recovery going and what are the prospects of being able to get to a game?

• I guess it confirms that they don't include season ticket holders in the crowd and purely those that attended? Do we actually know for sure either way?

• @username123 said:
    I guess it confirms that they don't include season ticket holders in the crowd and purely those that attended? Do we actually know for sure either way?

I was actually thinking the exact opposite. No way there was over 3,000 people in the ground last night. Quietest league game in years