Skip to content

Dominic Gape and Nick Freeman

124»

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    Or “partly”.

My previous posts had already made, indeed introduced that point. Didn’t want to keep repeating myself yet here I find myself…..

• @perfidious_albion come on, you love it!

• Never in a million years thought I'd see @perfidious_albion say "didn’t want to keep repeating myself".

• I believe the club have offered Nick a new deal because they feel he would have been offered one based on performances anyway.
    They believe it was the right thing to do this now (rather than the summer) to aid his recovery and protect not only his mental wellbeing but that of his family.
    It shows great empathy and I think will only improve the mental state of those in the club and anyone considering signing for us. Peace of mind can be fundamental in your thoughts on your own job security.

I do have one question. Do you think we take out some kind of insurance that would "cover" wages (or proportion thereof) in these situations?

• @Commoner, I agree with you on this. Wycombe have reminded us all of what a CLUB is for, in that it is an association of people with a common interest or goal. strangely, in definition, a Church is not dissimilar in many respects. We in/at Wycombe are all together and united in purpose and support for all. Who wouldn't want to be part of that or indeed give their all for the cause?

As for insurance, I've no idea but "probably to some extent" is what I'd answer. COYB!