Skip to content

Sullay Kaikai Signs

Comments

• Aw I see..... I didn't look at the pictures, just went off the rumours on the other thread

• Looks like a great signing, exciting player. Blackpool fans very complimentary, if he just needs a bit of focus, consistency and understanding I'd like to think this is the perfect place for him.

• My worry with that @StrongestTeam is that the few criticisms I could find of him on the Blackpool forum were almost word for word criticisms I've seen on here for Nick Freeman. I hope he's not out on loan at Orient by xmas.

• But the difference in quality and end product between Kaikai and Freeman is clear to see.

• @drcongo said:
    My worry with that @StrongestTeam is that the few criticisms I could find of him on the Blackpool forum were almost word for word criticisms I've seen on here for Nick Freeman. I hope he's not out on loan at Orient by xmas.

Perhaps but Joel, Paris, Fred etc would lead me to believe he's in the best place for an inconsistent winger. There's always the odd Banton.

• Bit late to this thread. Has anyone criticised the signing yet? It’s a tradition after all.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Bit late to this thread. Has anyone criticised the signing yet? It’s a tradition after all.

@davecz hasn't logged on yet!

• @FmG said:
    Looks to be an exciting signing! Particularly on a free and at a good age.

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Also just recently broken into the Sierra Leone team so hopefully someone to cheer on in the next African Cup of Nations too.

Although means we will be missing him from 9 January to 6 February. 4 matches (depending how far they get) in that period plus presumably at least 1 either side depending on quarantine rules.

We probably won't have turned on the under soil heating for at least one of those games so he might not miss all four! :smile:

• @mooneyman said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Bit late to this thread. Has anyone criticised the signing yet? It’s a tradition after all.

@davecz hasn't logged on yet!

Only post what my opinion is and this looks like an exciting signing for the club. Looking forward to seeing him play.

• Great signing by the way...and a relief for those convinced/worried/angry we would not be signing anyone as good as the ones everyone else was signing...

• on the face it sounds like a positive signing, however still need 2/3 signings to compensate the loses to the squad we have had so far...in GA we trust :-)

• What brilliant news! Great work by all involved.

Hope everything else is okay, @yorkyblue.

• @HomerLone said:
    And his song will be ?

Here's my 4d worth:-

To the tune of Soley Soley by Middle Of The Road

Just a little bit lonely
    just a little bit sad
    I was feeling so empty
    until you came back
    until you came back
    until you came.

@our_frank said:
    if it isn't based on Bobby Hebb's "Sunny", I will be ripping up my season ticket.

I'd be amazed if any of our hardcore singers have even heard of either of those artists/songs, let alone remember them.

Unfortunately I do remember both of them ?

• So we could line up against Accrington as:

GK: Stocky
    RWB: McCarthy
    CB: Taffs
    CB: Stewart
    CB: JJ
    LWB: Obita
    MF: Thompson
    MF: Scowen
    CAM: McLeary
    FW: Kaikai
    ST: 30 goal a season bloke incoming

Not bad at all! That would also include a strong bench with the likes of Wheeler, Grimmer, Bayo, Freeman, Mehmeti, Gape, Horgan, Samuel and Kashket.

It suddenly feels like we are one away from quite the starting 11!!! Though of course that is the hardest one to find.

• Some beauties on his goal reel

• I watched the interview. Pleased he did not answer 'Pretty indifferent actually' to the searching question 'How does it feel to be at Wycombe?' :smile:

• @Wendoverman said:
    I watched the interview. Pleased he did not answer 'Pretty indifferent actually' to the searching question 'How does it feel to be at Wycombe?' :smile:

Yeah, they're so obviously desperate for everyone to say it's their life long dream to be here and it is the best training ground they've ever seen regardless of whether they've come from Chesham or Man Utd.

• edited July 2021

I'm really excited about this lad. Blackpool played some great football last year, and it seems like a real coup to get him. The Optimism-O-Meter is now going in the right direction!

• Neil Critchley did a great job for Blackpool last season. Previously the Liverpool U23 manager so obviously has some good contacts and maybe decided he couldn’t afford to keep some of his squad in order to strengthen.
    Sullay certainly looks a very good player and maybe Mr Critchley will look back and feel he made a mistake letting him go ??

• edited July 2021

Wondering if we might actually move to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 - depending on who the new 9 is - as Kaikai doesn't obviously slot into the existing system unless in the 10 role, which you'd assume would be McCleary or Mehmeti's. People who've watched him don't seem to think he'd be suited to playing wing-back (although that's not to say we couldn't convert him).

• Perhaps he is seen as an answer to our need for a mobile centre forward?

• @Wendoverman said:
    I watched the interview. Pleased he did not answer 'Pretty indifferent actually' to the searching question 'How does it feel to be at Wycombe?' :smile:

"Boyhood dream to sign for (looks at agent)..erm Wickham Wonderers.

• Just got in good news

• @Shev said:
    So we could line up against Accrington as:

GK: Stocky
    RWB: McCarthy
    CB: Taffs
    CB: Stewart
    CB: JJ
    LWB: Obita
    MF: Thompson
    MF: Scowen
    CAM: McLeary
    FW: Kaikai
    ST: 30 goal a season bloke incoming

Not bad at all! That would also include a strong bench with the likes of Wheeler, Grimmer, Bayo, Freeman, Mehmeti, Gape, Horgan, Samuel and Kashket.

It suddenly feels like we are one away from quite the starting 11!!! Though of course that is the hardest one to find.

I’m a bit out of touch re new signings. Have we given up on Kyle Hudlin?

• I’m a bit out of touch re new signings. Have we given up on Kyle Hudlin?

I’m told that Dave Tarpey was seen in the roadworks heading towards Cressex earlier. Was said to be confused by the Marlow Road training ground name.

• I think we have very reluctantly given up on Dave.

• @micra - I think the consensus from the photo analysts among us is that it was not Kyle Hudlin in the previously pored over image!

• I’m clinging to the hope that it was! He is so reminiscent of Uche in his playing style.

• Neil Harman said that lad played left-back - but Hudlin could still be hiding somewhere (with great difficulty).

• edited July 2021

I think it was clear it was a comedy mis identification. Ignoring that someone of 6ft 9 height would stand out like mad.