Sullay Kaikai Signs

124»

Comments

• So Bye Fred,
    Welcome Sully KaiKai,
    Would have wished him well at Luton but it's such a pig sty,
    Now if Sully scores some goals we'll get a Championship high,
    Before Bayo retires

• Hells teeth, can someone remind me to chew @ChasHarps ear off if I see him at AP. I can't get that Soley Soley song out of my head, it's been the perfect ear worm!! Wife is threatening me with divorce papers now.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Hells teeth, can someone remind me to chew @ChasHarps ear off if I see him at AP. I can't get that Soley Soley song out of my head, it's been the perfect ear worm!! Wife is threatening me with divorce papers now.

This has to become Sullys song, catchy and original, not a feat that you normally associate with the Wanderers Terrace singers

• I couldn’t get “The final countdown” out of my head so someone suggested I use two others like “yes sir I can boogie” and “Mah na mah na” by the muppets to cancel it out I tried it and ended up just switching between the three.

• @ChasHarps said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Hells teeth, can someone remind me to chew @ChasHarps ear off if I see him at AP. I can't get that Soley Soley song out of my head, it's been the perfect ear worm!! Wife is threatening me with divorce papers now.

This has to become Sullys song, catchy and original, not a feat that you normally associate with the Wanderers Terrace singers

The thing is, I remember the song originally and it was an ear worm then. Also remember the lady lead singer and having quite a crush on her as well!
    I agree @ChasHarps, it has to be his song now.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

The thing is, I remember the song originally and it was an ear worm then. Also remember the lady lead singer and having quite a crush on her as well!

I have to apologise for suggesting this. It must indeed be one of the worst ear worm's ever. However I am happy to watch that video again and again as I also had the major hots for her back in the day. ?

• Great song for a player I believe could become a big fans favourite. The last part of the chorus could be adapted to ‘Oh, Sully Sully, Sully Kaikai.’
    Re the singer, her name is Sally Carr, she is Scottish and is now aged 76.

• The wonderful Sally sadly suffered a brain haemorrhage in 2012 but made a full recovery. They released a live version of this song a couple of years back recorded in front of a 20,000 crowd in Germany where they still love ‘M of the R’ - needs the Frank Adams codgers to get behind this one pre season as I don’t believe Stormzy has remastered this as a Grime sampler yet for the kids behind the goal.

• Littl known fact , this tune marked the debut of Alan Smith’s wife im costume design.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Great song for a player I believe could become a big fans favourite. The last part of the chorus could be adapted to ‘Oh, Sully Sully, Sully Kaikai.’
    Re the singer, her name is Sally Carr, she is Scottish and is now aged 76.

I can see him being as big a fans’ favourite as Sergio Torres. I tried singing the chorus but found it needed three more ‘sullies’ and ‘Kai, Kai, Kai’ to make it scan.

Sally Carr has had a lot of hardship and sorrow in her life. She and Chick Young, a wonderful Scottish sports journalist whose recent in-car podcast is well worth a listen, had a son, Keith, who was killed in a motorcycle accident aged 20 about 20 years ago. Sally has never really got over that and has suffered periodically from bouts of depression. I think she and Chick divorced in 1984 but they had both kept in close touch with Keith until his untimely death. I didn’t know that Sally had suffered a brain haemorrhage.

By the way, I should mention that the fast talking and witty Chick Young has a Glaswegian (?) accent second only to Paul Lambert’s but much less mumbly. The rapport between him and his passenger in the podcast is delightful and his ability to commentate on the itinerary as well as maintaining a flowing conversation is remarkable.

• Sally Carr, Sullay Kaikai. Hmmmm. ?

• edited July 2021

Well thanks to the extra contributions of @glasshalffull @perfidious_albion & @micra I am even more educated on the history of one of my crushes!
    An amazing forum this.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Well thanks to the extra contributions of @glasshalffull @perfidious_albion & @micra I am even more educated on the history of one of my crushes!
    An amazing forum this.

Agreed, this is Gasroom digression at its finest.

• I wonder what Mr Kaikai would make of this thread.

• Sign this guy and we've got ourselves an amazing chant

• Not sure if the Adams Park dj is a visitor to this site ?
    But maybe he can belt it out at the first few games.
    Anything that can whip the crowd up vocally can only be good for the matchday atmosphere and hopefully inspire the team.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Not sure if the Adams Park dj is a visitor to this site ?
    But maybe he can belt it out at the first few games.
    Anything that can whip the crowd up vocally can only be good for the matchday atmosphere and hopefully inspire the team.

Good idea Chas, I’ll pass it on to the right people.