Skip to content

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

Comments

• Curtis can dither on the ball and turn back into trouble a lot, but I feel he has actually improved his ball skills in the second half of the season (showing he is willing to work on weaknesses) and has had some lovely dribbles you would not have seen from him last season.

• Curtis dribbles and passes really well, occasional dithering aside, everywhere except in the final third at which point he seems only to be able to attempt a hopeful lob into the box. As his capabilities on the ball have become more apparent this season, the final third failure of imagination has become more apparent to me.

He’s not alone in this - Gape has a similar habit.

• You must have missed that sublime beating of three defenders and inch perfect cross he put in from the left wing last week.

• I’ve seen Curtis caught a couple of times but when it comes to those close control ball skills he’s the best we’ve got, he’s also working in a very competitive area of the pitch against multimillion pound buys.
    Every season he improves and in league one he’ll probably have a second or two more on the ball, exciting times.

• @drcongo said:
    You must have missed that sublime beating of three defenders and inch perfect cross he put in from the left wing last week.

I more had in mind that central part of the pitch just shy of the box where he, among others, seem to experience creative amnesia and resort to hopeful lobs into the area.

• Thank goodness Mehmeti doesn’t suffer from that particular affliction. Sounds nasty.

• edited May 2021

Why are we moaning about defensive midfielders not having artistry on the ball in an attacking sense?

We don't moan about Mehmeti not winning headers in his own box, Stewart not putting quality crosses in, or McCleary not making tackles in his own box etc.

• @Malone said:
    Why are we moaning about defensive midfielders not having artistry on the ball in an attacking sense?

We don't moan about Mehmeti not winning headers in his own box, Stewart not putting quality crosses in, or McCleary not making tackles in his own box etc.

Don't think anyone's moaning and I do think it's legitimate to consider how well our players use the ball in attacking areas when they regularly have it in those positions.

• https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/may/josh-scoops-two-awards-at-adams-park-ceremony/

Never looks very happy, does he, Anis? Maybe just his natural expression. Presumably that poster who was complaining about Fred having the temerity to smile loves him.

• Probably annoyed he didn't get a watch

• Lovely touch with the Chairman’s Choice award for Darius. Fully deserved and a class move.

• I am amazed Uche came second in the supporters' vote, given some of the other candidates. Also very telling that Rocky came second in the players' vote - he is obviously held in very high regard!

• I was delighted to see Allsop coming second in the players award. Says so much about the team spirit which has driven this club forward. Rocky has had an outstanding season, yet lost his place through no fault of his own and now must have major concerns about what the future holds for him. Whether with us or another club next season, I'll be keeping an eye on Allsop and wishing him well (apart from any games against us of course in which case I hope he has a nightmare!)

• The great thing is...despite the fact none of my choices made it... I'm very happy about the ones that did!

• Good choices... well done all !!

• Josh has had a great impact

• Are there any plans for a Gasroomer of the season award?

• A good idea, but you know only Gasroom Mafia would win it each year...

• You could probably come up with some good categories, though:

Overall Gasroomer Poster of the Year
    Funniest Poster
    Most Gentlemanly Poster
    Most Thought-Provoking Poster
    etc. etc....

• @arnos_grove said:
    Are there any plans for a Gasroomer of the season award?

It's always fixed by the Gasroom Mafia.

• Offer you can't refuse, Horses Head poster?

• @Wendoverman said:
    The great thing is...despite the fact none of my choices made it... I'm very happy about the ones that did!

I’m the same

@Shev said:
    You could probably come up with some good categories, though:

Overall Gasroomer Poster of the Year
    Funniest Poster
    Most Gentlemanly Poster
    Most Thought-Provoking Poster
    etc. etc....

Best Punning
    Worstest grammar
    Most likely to mention the above
    Outstanding contribution to the arts and crisps, mostly crisps

The @DevC memorial award for the successful derailment of a topic

• And finally, the award for discovering a feature on the Gasroom that I didn't even know existed goes to @MorrisItal_

• @drcongo said:
    And finally, the award for discovering a feature on the Gasroom that I didn't even know existed goes to @MorrisItal_

I’d like to thank my fellow nominees and gasroomers my family, my cocker spaniel

• As this seems like it could be quite a useful feature, here's how you achieve it... start a line with >! and you get this...

• Cheers! I am going to give it a try.

I am as tech savvy as a....

tree

• edited May 2021

Dennis! Come back with my…

Apple pie

• Will @micra be able to manage it

on his "little machine"

• edited May 2021

Not sure I can do it

• could be blooody annoying clicking into these and seeing it's a waste of time