Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

Comments

• @EwanHoosaami Get well soon. If you can get access to a digital radio, the match comms will be on 3CR DAB.

• @bluntphil bit late to get hold of a digital radio 80 minutes before KO stuck in a leg brace in orthopaedic ward of Wycombe General hospital will have to follow it on twitter and BBC text updates. Shame I always enjoy your honest viewpoint, (if we're playing crap that's how you report it). Thanks for the good wishes and let's hope we can pull this one out of the bag!
    Ewan Hoosaami

• @AttitudeEra how do I get the pm please

• Got it. I have Internet access but can't seem to get "player" to work on my kindle or Galaxy Note 4?
    Am I just being thick?

• Got it sorted thanks. Now waiting patiently for the game to begin.

• No Jombatti again Anyone know why?

• In answer to my question just spoken to Marcus Bean Sido hasn't trained all week but is at the ground today and will be available for Luton

• edited December 2015

@AttitudeEra . Thanks very much. Enjoying the form we appear to be showing.

• GET IN THERE!!!

• That's made my knee feel a whole lot better!

• Is that Harriman's fifth yellow?

• Knee is improving by the minute now we have taken the lead again!!!!

• Just listened to Radio Oxford - talk about delusions of grandeur from Poxford

• Best home performance this season. Great effort. COYB!

• The sour grapes are fermenting. Just listening to Radio Oxford "Wycombe are a load of cheats on and off the pitch, I thought the rugby club had moved out.' hahaha

• Had to listen to their dilusions all week as I love and work in the area , BBC Oxford is now in full waffle, Wycombe are rubbish , they have the best side in the league , best fans in the country etc etc no credit to Wycombe , only the manager gave credit to us . As I said earlier in the week their arrogance will come back to bite them in the arse ! They think they are promoted already .

• They are blaming the floodlights now! Superb, thank you Oxford!

• @EwanHoosaami Sorry to read your in the hospital hope your get well soon, hopefully that result has cheered you up somewhat.

• If they are the best fans in the country, WWFC will therefore accept their kind donation to repair the seats which some of the hooligans, who came with them, destroyed . Regarding "Cheats", I did feel a slight embarrassment when one of our "Fans leaving early?", throw the ball in the wrong direction. I am sure the referee would have added the appropriate time for this.
    As I have mentioned the Referee, was I the only one who thought that he could of had a better game, some of his decisions baffled me. Nevertheless Along with 4000 fans I thought we had an enjoyable afternoon. Merry Christmas to one and all

• Forget the PNL, Up the Blues!

• They can moan all they like, but that was a fully deserved win today. We edged the 1st half without really doing enough to score. Then a pulsating 2nd half where both teams played well,but JJ' s set pieces were the difference in the end. Special mention for Sam Wood, I thought he was excellent today, back something close to his best.

• We should be able to bill them for the police presence! Disgraceful behaviour and I hope most honest OUFC fans are ashamed of them. Also, fight in the car park at the hour glass post match that required the police to attend.

• I'm not too fussed about Oxford, more concerned for their poor delusional souls than feel any particular rivalry with them. I had the pleasure of listening to their local BBC station harp on about how great they were, played fantastic football that was spoiled by a poor and cheating Wycombe side. For some reason they didn't do their usual phone in, maybe they were all calling The Samaritans instead?!
    It's incredible that they managed to come up with that after their darling PNLs put in a very ordinary performance against a team that had gain just 3 points in 15 at home, and makes the win all the more satisfying.
    Our performance was good overall, certainly a big improvement on some of our showing at home. Our two goals were well taken from the set pieces - in particular the run from deep by Thompson to power home the first was top drawer.

@Wycombe85 beat me to giving Sam Wood a special mention - he looked like he's starting to regain the touch he seemed to have lost earlier in the season. If he can start making contributions like that regularly again, he could be a key player again.

• FrijidPink. I must have missed something, I only saw passion for there team at the game. When I went past Hour Glass, banter but no scrapping.

• Lots of meat wagons when I drove past.

• Shame, the atmosphere at the game was fantastic.

• For a team one off the top place, Oxford's defending from set pieces was surprisingly shaky: they looked vulnerable at each time Jacobson took a corner.

• Was it just me or did the referee have a game of two halves. First half seem to let everything go, 2nd half blew up for any contact. Baffling.