Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

2»

Comments

• quite surprising they'd only lost 2 games in the league before today.
    Nothing special at all

• Routine win against a very average non league side. Do I need to add anymore?

• @BSE said:
    EwanHoosaami Sorry to read your in the hospital hope your get well soon, hopefully that result has cheered you up somewhat.

Very kind of you indeed. Hope to get out of here Monday at the latest and got my mate lined up to bring me on the 28th. He was kind enough to pick up my lad and take him today so that he didn't miss out as well. Definitely won't be going to Luton on Boxing day as there isn't space for a healthy adult in those seats let alone an adult in a knee brace !

• Oxford are S*** lets face it. Deluded and up there own arses. Headington non leaguers that only seem to remember the few glory years under that crook Maxwell. Dont understand their own history or respect any one else's.

• Given I live and work in Oxford today was very special indeed. Great team performance all round.

And while we're dishing out individual praise, after a very poor showing on Tuesday, I thought Stewart was superb today. A towering presence.

Happy days.

• @EwanHoosaami I made it to the game today following an ACL repair yesterday. Very glad to ha e done so as well. I sympathise with you as I wasn't sure I'd be able to attend and was pretty miffed about the prospect of missing the match.

Like you I was concerned about the poky nature of the away end at Luton. I plan to arrive early and get a seat on the front row.

• @HomeGameRegular said:
    For a team one off the top place, Oxford's defending from set pieces was surprisingly shaky: they looked vulnerable at each time Jacobson took a corner.

I also thought they looked dodgy on corners. Keeper didn't ge off his line and there seemed to be numerous occasions when they failed to clear convincingly.

• Reading their forum yes sad I know but they agree that they are weak at set pieces. That was taken from between the rest of the deluded drivel .

• Mind you. Having watched unbeaten Brighton 'defend' corners and crosses earlier I thought neither side today looked as bad as they did!

• @Wycombe85 Yes, Sam had a good game today. You don't go from being a good player to being a bad player overnight. As someone mentioned a few days ago, perhaps he couldn't get the Wembley penalty out of his system.

• @Glenactico said:
    EwanHoosaami I made it to the game today following an ACL repair yesterday. Very glad to ha e done so as well. I sympathise with you as I wasn't sure I'd be able to attend and was pretty miffed about the prospect of missing the match.

Like you I was concerned about the poky nature of the away end at Luton. I plan to arrive early and get a seat on the front row.

Well you did amazingly well to get there. I couldn't even get out of hospital let alone a "pass out" fromy "she whom must be obeyed"! Unfortunately in my desperation to show the surgeon and the physio-terrorists how well I was doing & how advanced I was in the process of post op recovery, I overdid it and burst open the wound. As a result it was Armagedon with the dressing and hospital bed linen and all hopes of an early parole were struck off. I sincerely wish you all the good luck in the world with the Luton away end arrangements. You're going to need it mate. I hate that ground with a passion . I've already had the acl repair and that wasn't a quick recovery either. Still if you end up replacing the knee they remove the acl anyway so my surgeon told me. See you home v Crawley?

• Anyone know why we don't have a proper fence at the away end instead of a few gym mats propped up on some plastic barriers? It seems to encourage pitch incursions.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Anyone know why we don't have a proper fence at the away end instead of a few gym mats propped up on some plastic barriers? It seems to encourage pitch incursions.

A proper fence? Thankfully they all disappeared some years ago.

• @Doob said:

What about the one at the home end? That'd do wouldn't it?

• @MindlessDrugHoover - Stewart was pretty good today with Pierre, but there are times when he makes bizarre decisions. Like the one which led to their goal, he came haring out to about the half-way line to harry a ball, leaving a horrendous gap at the back.

• Game that could eventually have gone either way and I was definitely waiting for the final whistle as I feared an equaliser. We still need to be much more clinical in front of goal. Lots of good opportunities allowed to go wanting in the first half. A good win for us in front of a healthy crowd (with some Oxford in among the home fans - and not even having the decency to keep quiet about it)

• I thought it was a good game from both teams...and I thought the ref was pretty good on the whole. Pierre and Stewart are starting to look like a team at the back and I thought we handled a top of the table team very well. Deserved win. A pity about the away end scenes though.