Skip to content

Freeman moving to Leyton Orient on loan

124»

Comments

• @eric_plant said:
    JPP literally couldn't move that day

I've never seen anything like it on a professional football field

It was the complete opposite to when Alex Samuel's gets thrown on to be a lone nuisance.
    He basically just waddled around the centre circle like a long time retired player would do in a testimonial.

• For reasons that escape me - but probably for my amusement - I immortalised his name (along with most of the team at that time) as a key character for a filmed training script I wrote for work. He was actually played by a 6’6 relatively famous actor who I think would have made a better centre forward than JPP.

Still amuses me when I occasionally have to revisit the training materials

• JPP will always have a place in my heart for being the reason for the only bet I've ever placed, and the only bet I've ever won. In the Peter Taylor years, when we won 1-0 almost every week, I took up some betting site's offer of a free £10 bet when you open an account. I placed that £10 on Wycombe to win 1-0 with JPP to score the only goal, won £100, cashed it out and closed the account.

• My daughter was Mascot for GW's first game as manager against Col U...when Scott Shearer juggling the ball about in the area was robbed and gifted them a goal but JPP scored an excellent equaliser. I don't think I saw him score after that.

• My abiding memory of JPP is his equaliser at Elland Road and I will always love him for it.

• To be fair JPP was a good player for us, some memorable goals, I remember one well at Dagenham and a last minute equaliser in front of the terrace.
    Wasn't the same player second time round. That cameo sub performance at Oxford was a stick out memory though. He simply must have been crocked as he couldn't move atall.