Skip to content

Match day thread: Cardiff

Comments

• I like this lineup.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    They're missing Kieffer Moore and haven't been as solid at the back this season, maybe a draw.

Steady mate - don't go too positive :)

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Is our Phil Catchpole in trouble with BBC 3CR? He appears to covering Swindon v MK Dons. What misdemeanour would warrant that kind of punishment?

The BBC wouldn't let him do the Bristol away game due to not letting their people go out of zones.

Not sure if it's anything to do with that?
    Presumably he's not based near Swindon or anything as simple as that?

• Decent looking lineup. A little bit of everything going forward.

• @eric_plant said:
    I have that feeling every game!

I very rarely do but bizarrely do have that feeling tonight. Last time however was the Blackburn game so I wouldn’t exactly bet the house on it

• @Malone said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Is our Phil Catchpole in trouble with BBC 3CR? He appears to covering Swindon v MK Dons. What misdemeanour would warrant that kind of punishment?

The BBC wouldn't let him do the Bristol away game due to not letting their people go out of zones.

Covering from the 3CR studio apparently. Poor old Phil. I hope he mentions that there is only one legitimate football league club in Bucks.

• Tafa and Uche starting a game together!

What a time to be alive.

• Ooh, I like this. I like it a lot

Come on Wycombe! The fightback begins tonight

• @Malone said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:

Think he lives in North London so very much doubt it can be to do with travel restrictions.

• Good time for Uche to show us what he’s got. Come on you blues.

• I'm very pleasantly surprised

• edited December 2020

Based on the formula of 'Games Absent x Team Struggles', Uche and Taffs are set to be around the level of Harry Kane and Virgil Van Dijk.

Crazy to think that had they still been available, signing them in January would have made almost no difference to our season!

• Great line up, my favourite of the season so far. So obviously tonight is the first match in ages I won't be able to watch.

Freeman still out of the squad though, which is a great shame. I'd have started Adeniran ahead of Mehmeti but I admire the attacking intent.

• I worry about too much expectations being put onto Uche. I’d be happy with a solid performance from him today.

• @bookertease said:
    I worry about too much expectations being put onto Uche. I’d be happy with a solid performance from him today.

Expectations will be high.
    Main signing - talk of being the new Bayo.
    Waited half a season for him to get on the pitch for longer than 11mins etc.

Let's hope he looks superb.

• Cue injury to him after 10 minutes...

• @bookertease said:
    Cue injury to him after 10 minutes...

Or looking utter gub as he can't be at all match fit.

• Yes that’s probably the most likely. Just hope he doesn’t overdo it trying to impress (a hat trick of tap is from 3 yards will be fine)

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:
    Cue injury to him after 10 minutes...

Or looking utter gub as he can't be at all match fit.

That's the problem with optimism, it usually dies & leaves us in the world of reality!!

• We’re still in the Championship though so I’m not exactly sure what wormhole of reality we went down though

• The first 21 games I believe?

• Fingers crossed the players not playing up until now are as good as they were when they were not playing! Time to save the season! COYBs!

• COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• If we’re playing Wheeler up front again I want my tenner back.

• Anyone in on ifollow?

• Ifollow not working for me... first time this season it hasnt, just keep getting a frozen screen

• @StrongestTeam workong fine here. No idea who the commentary team is tho.

• @HolmerBlue i find if you type the address at the top it unfreezes

• Working now, did the old famous turn off and turn on again trick

• One early good thing about uche is it is far easier for the ref to see him being held.