Skip to content

Match day thread: Cardiff

Comments

• uche looks fantastic, an absolutely menace for defenders

• On this showing Uche and SK would be an interesting pairing.

• What a difference Uche has made, allowing us to play one up top.
    Wheeler and Mehmeti playing a little deeper when we don’t have the ball than the first 20 has also made a difference.
    Come on Middlesbrough, equaliser please!

• Great half so far. Uche looks like just the player we need if he can stay fit.

• Good half that. Impressed with Uche and McCleary... but I'm starting to think we might have found a bit of a jem in Mehmeti !

• We really look so balanced going forward.

Defensive midfielder? Check.
    Creative midfielder? Check.
    Tricky wingers? Check.
    Big man with good feet? Check.
    Second forward good in the air and on the ground? Check.

• @micra said:
    Not Tom the drummer?

Could you imagine that?
    It'd be either the worst or best commentary of all time.

• Great half, really impressed with the side tonight

• @micra just noted it is Tom Hancock, which makes sense, as I have not seen a @chairboyscentral post since the game started.

• Bit of Erasure on ifollow while perusing the stats. Better than hearing about Luton I guess?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Good half that. Impressed with Uche and McCleary... but I'm starting to think we might have found a bit of a jem in Mehmeti !

Let’s hope he can jemmy his way through the the Cardiff defence to score.

• It isn't Tom Hancock, its Tom Baldwin. @chairboyscentral has a much deeper voice.

• Cheers @prufrock_91 - all these tom-toms are confusing.

• Enjoyed that first half. Agree with previous comments on how much more balanced team look.

Really like the look of Mehmeti again.

Gareth sounds particularly vocal on the sideline. Big 45 minutes coming up! COYBs!

• edited December 2020

Perhaps the best first 45 I've seen of us this season, really impressive. Could do with a second goal to kill off some late goal nerves - the longer it stays 1-0 the more I fear another archetypal Wycombe sucker punch!

• So far, Mehmeti is showing a maturity beyond my expectations. Doesn't appear to fluster, looks to retain the ball if he can't find the right killer pass. Uche doing exactly as I thought he would, a tower of strength and not knocked off the ball easily and taking some of the work load up top that Kashket was having to do for Bayo. Tafazoli so far looking commanding with the added bonus of being a threat from set pieces. McCleary is threatening and Daryl Horgan able to be more of an attacking threat because of Uches' work. So far so good, let's hope for even more in the 2nd half?

• Gaz is immense at finding that hidden gem, Kashket, Samuel and now Mehmeti

• Fantastic first half.

Looking at the slo-mo of Thompson’s tackle, thought he was a bit lucky, a few refs would have shown a red there.

Hopefully a sign of things going our way for a change.

What a difference Uche is making up front.

• Please score a 2nd... I'm getting nervous already

• Wilson is a disgrace. The Woodlands sniper really has it in for him.

• I think you're right about Thompson @PrinceOfCrowell it was unfortunate with no malice but he was lucky. Nerves are jangling.

• Thompson should have been sent off and that should have been a pen (since when did we get lucky?!), but Wilson is just being embarrassing.

• Knight is very lucky there, gone right through Wilson's ankle.

• edited December 2020

We did get away with one with Knight challenging late there. Seen those given.

Vaulks is a bit of a cheat for them too mind, throwing himself to the ground there

• Wilson still able to run and walk so all's well.

• What. A. Goal.

• What a header.

• Another great header !

• Get in - fantastic cross by GMac and bullet header from Wheels