Skip to content

VIP for QPR

The website states:

“Please note this offer is only available to Wycombe Wanderers supporters and checks will be conducted to ensure this is adhered to.”

The question - how would you determine that? I’ve been trying to think of obscure Chairboys questions that only a “Wycombe supporter” would know...

Comments

• Name two of the stands would probably catch any away fan out.

• 'What year was the club founded?' is a good trick question.

• @Malone said:
    Name two of the stands would probably catch any away fan out.

I would catch me out, I notice the "Valley Terrace" has no sponsor, my answer:- the home end & the away end that is now the home end.

• "what do you think of Col U?"

• "Do you think it's acceptable to leave a game ten minutes early with the scores level?"

"No"

"Get out of here!"

• ‘In what position did Andy Thomson play?’

• "Should Pattison have been sent off?"

• Where is the Gasroom?

• "Wycombe's badge features a swan but name one Swann that Wycombe fans don't like"

• @eric_plant said:
    "what do you think of Col U?"

And the follow up question, "What do you think of toxic effluent?"

• The question "What abuse shall we shout at the 'keeper?" should catch out any QPR interloper.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Where is the Gasroom?

I always remember asking me once 'Where is the internet?'

• Hope they've thought this through. There used to be hundreds of QPR STHs with HP postcodes.

• "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

• Are you willing to stand next to the drummer?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@railwaysteve said:
    Where is the Gasroom?

I always remember asking me once 'Where is the internet?'

And did you answer yourself?

• What does “Up the Wyc” mean to you? Sex act you say? Back to Shepherd’s Bush at once!

• Finish the sentence:

"Och....we were so _________"

• Who (famously?) said “that goal changes nothing” and how long a contract is he on at his present club?

• Talking about the QPR game and there's been a change of policy then.

Now all STH get the same priority - tickets available to book at 10am tomorrow.

Should be ok as everyone who wanted a chance of a ticket got one last game

All pending there not being a tier 3 surprise for us that hasn't made any media yet

• BBC South - which annoyingly doesn't cover Wycombe but does cover Milton Keynes - suggested tonight that Bucks would be put into T3. It only gave figures for MK and Aylesbury, which are high and rising, but guess the entire county gets lumped in as one?

• It's split in two, so South Bucks could end up in a different tier to North Bucks.

• I assume the club have an inkling or they would have held off announcing ticket details.

• My wife’s work got a message from Bucks CC implying we were going to go into Tier 3.

I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

• Oh, that's good news if so.

On the subject of the Beeb's regional news. I live in Oxford and Wycombe used to be included in the South region, which meant we'd see match highlights, but hasn't done for a few years (though we still have to suffer MK). Is it included in the London news then?

• It's two whenever you look at the tier map, but the way the council leader has been talking about it makes it sound like MK is one area and the rest of Bucks is one.

• What animal (in puppet form) has graced the Woodlands upper tier?

• Bill the Teacher used to help pick the team with his monkey puppet.

• Why are Wycombe called the Choirboys?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It's two whenever you look at the tier map, but the way the council leader has been talking about it makes it sound like MK is one area and the rest of Bucks is one.

MK is a unitary authority rather than part of Bucks. I think.