Skip to content

VIP for QPR

2»

Comments

• Government discussed this evening

Announcement tomorrow

Will be amazed if we don’t go into Tier 3 as the rates are really high, and Aylesbury Vale (if they get included) are worse.

• Will be a shame as it'll rule out the next 3 home games won't it.

But we knew to grab the chance when there was one for the last 2 games.

• I wouldnt be surprised if we do. It seems worse around here now than it has been at any time since this all started. Heard of quite a few cases locally.

• Looks like it may be split up a bit as Slough specifically got put into Tier 3

• Back to tickets.......I note there wasn't an option to turn down and re-circulate tickets as before or have I missed something? Do I just ignore and let them sort it later? Seems odd.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Back to tickets.......I note there wasn't an option to turn down and re-circulate tickets as before or have I missed something? Do I just ignore and let them sort it later? Seems odd.

They're just releasing all the tickets on general first come first serve to all STH this time.
    Having judged from the last game that enough opted out to allow everyone to get a chance of one.

• Do we find out the new tiers before 10am?

Would like to get a decent seat after being invited quite late to the others but living outside the Wycombe area I have two lots of tier restrictions that might scupper my plans.

If I get a ticket and then can't travel I hope I can put it back in the pot for others

• I noticed on MOTD tonight that Southampton had no fans allowed in as the visitors (Arsenal) were from a T3 zone. QPR?

• Arsenal were at home

• Thanks @chairboyscentral, I didn't catch the game only the comments at the end and somehow I thought it was at St Mary's. Just not paying attention I guess.

• A Wycombe councillor here, while the Bucks Council Leader is tweeting similar this morning / this week. My guess is Tier 3 is imminent and there's little discussion to be had over where we're sitting on Saturday!

• We’ll see shortly, but I’m sure the Brexit Hard-man is lobbying hard for staying on Tier 2.

• @Right_in_the_Middle Seems like the announcement is at 11.30am.

• Are they only allowing seats on the Frank Adams stand for QPR now? Appears that I am only allowed to choose there at the moment?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Oh, that's good news if so.

On the subject of the Beeb's regional news. I live in Oxford and Wycombe used to be included in the South region, which meant we'd see match highlights, but hasn't done for a few years (though we still have to suffer MK). Is it included in the London news then?

Don’t know as I live in BBC Oxford area (which as it happens have saturation coverage of the PNL - with news reader Jerome Sale changing his accent from tv new to radio football coverage!!).
    I digress, media coverage be it tv, radio, print is a real problem of geography for our club. Even with our wonderful achievement coverage is poor, falling as we do, so to speak, ‘between stools’. Matt and the media team do a great job in such limiting circumstance, and whilst podcasts, ifollow, YouTube etc helps these are all ‘preaching to the converted’ . How to entice new or lapsed fans to our ‘enhanced match day experience’ is a real marketing dilemma.
    Thoughts anyone l?

• edited December 2020

Fly a plane trailing an 'UP THE WYC' banner all over Bucks

• @EwanHoosaami They've changed the terms a bit, so that where you are allowed to get a seat depends on where your season ticket is for. It appears that there was some concern that us plebeians from the terrace were able to get seats in the FA, so we only get allowed in the Away End now. Doubtless it's a subsidy issue again.

Personally, I'd rather stand on the terrace ...

• I've got a terrace season ticket and I refreshed 3 times and it offered me family stand, woodlands upper and away end (different stand each time)

It looked to me as though they were just changing it around to ensure an even distribution of tickets

• No longer an issue sadly as we're now in T3 from 00:01 Saturday.

• The terrace @eric_plant ? I had always assumed you were the bloke in the Beechdean who replies 'Yes, it was' to every cry of 'That was never offside' and 'That's just embarrassing' when a Wycombe player gets felled. :smile:
    Sadly, the Tier Three thing was inevitable. Went for a stroll in Aylesbury the other evening...I know how to live...and none of the tightly packed pubs seemed to be serving even the legendary substantial scotch egg.