Skip to content

Incoming Signing...?

124»

Comments

• I feel like we lost 7-0 to Shrewsbury in the JPT?

• edited November 2020

Maybe with Holt or some goon scoring a bucketload?

Didn't the guy we replaced Beavon with, whose name I can barely remember score about 4 against us in one game in that cup once too? About the amount he scored for us in 2 years?

• This was the Shrewsbury game, Holt got 5 https://www.11v11.com/matches/wycombe-wanderers-v-shrewsbury-town-07-october-2008-282945/

I can't think who that is either...

• Didn’t they make a DVD?

• Had to dig through the 2012/13 records.

Jo Kuffour.

6 goals in 61 appearances!

I'll try and find his haul v us!

• edited November 2020

Ah the excellent chairboys on the net gives a quick answer. No link but details below

2010/11 3 for Kuffour in one game, and manages just double that in 60 more games for us!!

DUMPED OUT OF FLT
    (Tuesday 9th November 2010)
    Scott Rendell bagged a hat-trick but it couldn't stop Wanderers being dumped out of the Football League Trophy on Tuesday evening at Adams Park - losing 6-3 to 'League One' side Bristol Rovers with visiting striker Jo Kuffour also grabbing three goals. Gary Waddock made the permitted six changes to his starting line-up but he saw Kuffour put the visitors ahead on 22 minutes with a headed effort before the same player doubled the lead five minutes before the interval when he fired home after Wycombe failed to clear a corner. Rendell reduced the arrears on 58 minutes with a header from a Ben Strevens cross but a minute later Kuffour struck again when he converted a cross from former Wanderer loanee John Akinde. Chris Lines made the score 4-1 on 62 minutes when he was left unmarked to shoot home and on 76 minutes Jeff Hughes made it 5-1 when he converted a penalty after Kuffour had been tripped by Alan Bennett. Rendell went on to complete his consolation hat-trick with a spot-kick on 83 minutes and then another headed goal on 88 minutes from Matt Bloomfield's cross. However, it was the visitors who had the final say when Ben Swallow smashed the ball home in the second minute of injury time to make the final score Wanderers 3 Rovers 6. Wycombe:Bull, Foster, Bennett, McCoy, Johnson, Bloomfield, Betsy, Murtagh, Strevens (sub 64 Harris), Rendell, Beavon (sub 64 McClure) - subs not used: Westwood, Arnold, Montrose - Att:1,591 (away 150 approx)

• Trevor probably has a copy to watch on the evenings we don't lose.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    A great signing in the soon-to-be-mispelled tradition of Paul Emblen, Jordon Ibe and Alex Samuel.

We must have had quite a few of those

Every time I see his name, I just can't stop thinking about the books I used to read to my kids, (now adults), " hairy maclary from Donaldsons Dairy"!

• Until I clicked I thought that was going to be someone selling Jo Kuffour for £30. Bit steep if you ask me.

• I've just clicked and now realise that ebay will be pestering me to buy Shrews DVDs for months.

• I remember one stunning goal from Jo, and whilst mentioning stunning, pics of his wife appearing on social media.