Skip to content

Street names after Wycombe Legends

13»

Comments

• Can we rename Sands to Tools?

• It started out as a serious discussion but I have enjoyed the puns ,well most of them ! However after Monday I feel it warrants serious consideration. This amazing club has a rich history of fantastic people on and off the pitch who have brought us to this point and an estate named after the greats of the last 133 years would be very appropriate. Our club President is a builder surely the best person to push this forward. Can you have word glasshalful ?

• Changing sports, maybe locals pubs can name the pockets on their pool tables after each combination of Oxford attackers marked by Wycombe defenders?

• Let’s do it properly and rename the A40 Gareth Ainsworth Way...Linking High Wycombe and Shepherds Bush

• edited July 2020

And a Martin O’Neill Way as well...they could be connected

• And the M40 could be renamed ‘Straight down the middle’ in honour of JJ’s winning pen. Afterall, the M40 is ours!

• Can we rename Hillbottom Road as Wanderers Way or Championship Drive.

• @Jonny_King said:
    And the M40 could be renamed ‘Straight down the middle’ in honour of JJ’s winning pen. Afterall, the M40 is ours!

Could renumber it to the M21 too.

• Brilliant!

• @Ned_Ludd said:

Trouble is, not enough corners on a motorway!?

• edited July 2020

https://goo.gl/maps/CJgtecG9rbfdniDq9

In the glamorous north Notts town of Kirkby in Ashfield, there’s a housing estate with roads named after famous sporting venues. You’ll be pleased to note Adams Park Way made the cut!

Judging from the others I suspect a rugby link but we’ll gloss over that...

• We do have a local connection, Mansfield saved us from relegation, and we won promotion at Chesterfield, and Notts Forest played the first match at Adams Park.

• Nottingham Forest (cough cough)

• LX1LX1
    edited July 2020

@Ned_Ludd said:

@Jonny_King said:
    And the M40 could be renamed ‘Straight down the middle’ in honour of JJ’s winning pen. Afterall, the M40 is ours!

edit..just got this doh!

• Nottingham Forest clough clough.