Skip to content

Comments

• Great to have this confirmed

• Superb.

Not sure what length deal Stewart is on, minimum 2, but maybe it's 3.

Other deals sound spot on - with the Bloom deal being coaching as well.

JJ - 2 years. Marvellous.

• Got to wish Sido all the best. At times utterly brilliant at RB then later at CB. Some amazing runs and tackles, can forgive the odd wander off out of position, by all accounts lovely bloke if completely barmy, one of the first rebuild signings.
    Well done to all those staying. I'd expect Blooms to make noises around coaching then still be doing 90 mins next season, and in the Prem the year after.
    Mascoll a bit of a shame tbh, maybe candidate for u23 squad if that happens but bodes well if we think we can do better.

• Great news. Sad to see Sido go but fully understand and at least he got on the bench for Wembley - great way to finish for him.

• I make that a squad of 17 already. What a difference a year makes!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I make that a squad of 17 already. What a difference a year makes!

I did doubt it when someone said Gaz would keep "all" of the squad.

We have a decent bit of space in the squad for Gaz to work some magic now.

• We ended this season with 25 including loanees, so fair to expect 8+ additions.

• Good news about the signings.

Not surprised to see Sido leave, but it's still sad, given what a great character he was, as well as a (mainly) delightful player to watch. His contribution, with Jacobson, to turning the team around in 14/15 and beyond should not be underestimated. Having somebody who could defend and attack and provide that composure on the ball was crucial in that period.

DItto CMS: such fond memories. The goals at Bradford and against Crewe and Scunthorpe particularly. Not to mention all the work.

Slightly surprised about Mascoll. He seemed to me to have all the components to make a fantastic left-back and, in time, to take over from Joltin' Joe. But I guess this is the buyers market and the management team is counting on being able to get players with the attributes and the experience, at knock-down rates.

• The generals ride together for one more year!

• A first season in the Championship is some last hurrah for Bayo!

• They've all earned that to say the least. A solid squad to build from, if we can bring in some championship experience, a couple of exciting loans and a few other young(ish) hungry league1/championship players who are available for free or small fees then at worst we'll have a very competitive league 1 side for the near future with Gape, Wheeler, Stewart, Grimmer and Fred all pretty established and a good age- maybe the next set of JJ/Bloomfield /Bayo generals at a level higher if they can all kick on again.

• After the joy this week I don’t wish to be negative. But here goes! Slightly odd wording re Pattison. He’s here for another year in the wonderful team we have. I don’t need to know that that was because of a quirk in his contract rather than because the management wanted him to be. A rare false note or am I just being over-sensitive?

• @DevC said:
    After the joy this week I don’t wish to be negative. But here goes! Slightly odd wording re Pattison. He’s here for another year in the wonderful team we have. I don’t need to know that that was because of a quirk in his contract rather than because the management wanted him to be. A rare false note or am I just being over-sensitive?

I picked up on that. Possibly not intentional though

• @DevC said:
    After the joy this week I don’t wish to be negative. But here goes! Slightly odd wording re Pattison. He’s here for another year in the wonderful team we have. I don’t need to know that that was because of a quirk in his contract rather than because the management wanted him to be. A rare false note or am I just being over-sensitive?

Yes. Using Pattison in the play offs doesn't shout out 'the manager doesn't rate you' to me

• Well the other 4 have all signed a new contract whereas Pattison hasn't

• Because he wasn’t out of contract?

• He was basically the 12th man in the playoffs wasn’t he?

• Pattison has great potential and I think Ainsworth sees this. His playoff appearances will benefit his experience even if he’s yet to find his role in the side.

• @Shev said:
    The generals ride together for one more year!

Chesham United?

• I always thought that Pattison might be the ‘new’ Murphy.

• @DevC said:

Nope, you're spot on.

It sounded like his extension was a mere technicality.

And as he seemed to barely play, it must have been a low level set!

However, Gareth paid real faith in him bringing him on first sub, and at half time for a tactical change in the final.

• @bookertease said:
    I always thought that Pattison might be the ‘new’ Murphy.

Really?

One was strong in the air, fairly tough, not hugely mobile, quite a sledger on the pitch.

Pattison isn't any of the above at all.

• Nice to see the bit about Bloomfield taking on a coaching role.

• I think it’s a positive on Pattinson and simply that he hasn’t signed a new contract. Everybody in our squad would have loved to stay on and I’m sad for those who have to leave.

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:
    I always thought that Pattison might be the ‘new’ Murphy.

Really?

One was strong in the air, fairly tough, not hugely mobile, quite a sledger on the pitch.

Pattison isn't any of the above at all.

I should point out that I tipped Parker to be our top scorer this year so I clearly have no idea what I’m talking about.

I think it was probably due to the Bolton game where he made all those runs into the box - and then missed

• Pattison reminds me very much of Simon Stapleton, loads of energy but doesn't seem to have the composure to finish, or the guile to unlock defences with creative passes.

• @Shev said:
    Nice to see the bit about Bloomfield taking on a coaching role.

He already was coaching a bit this year wasn't he? Thought it was part of his last contract?

• Coaching for Ipswich I think?

• @Chris said:
    Coaching for Ipswich I think?

Interesting to see if still carries on coaching the Ipswich academy players. Could end up with ipswich becoming our feeder club!!

• edited July 2020

He lives Ipswich way doesn't he?
    Presumably he stays in Wycombe half the week and has a weekday or two down there post games?