Skip to content

Local teams in the FA Cup

Congratulations to Risborough Rangers, winning 3-0 away at Ampthill today in their first ever FA Cup game, they'll play play Aylesbury in the Preliminary round. That ones for you Al.

Flackwell and Holmer lost to AFC Hayes and Newport Pagnell Town respectively, while Chinnor went down 2-0 at home to Hartney Whitley. Windsor lost at home to AFC Dunstable.

Comments

• Good on them, my home/small town club doing well..

• A few local sides in action in tomorrow's Preliminary Round, for those unable to make it to Crawley:

Aylesbury United v Northwood
    Biggleswade United v Chalfont St Peter
    Marlow v Godalming Town
    Risboro Rangers v Aylesbury

For those of you looking for a game on Sunday, Beaconsfield SYCOB host Raunds Town.

I also noticed Chris Vinnicombe is manager at Witheridge, who travel to Street FC.

• Floyd i live near Street which is in Somerset so i might go along to meet him so cheers for the heads up.

• @floyd @robin I see Vinnie's Witheridge won 2-1 today in their tie with Street, Found this article on the F.A website previewing this game and recalls the 2000/01 run to the semi's. http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2015/aug/street-witheridge-preview-270815

• Risboro Rangers cup run came to an end as they lost 3-0 at home to Aylesbury, who travel to Chesham in the 1st Qualifying Round. Aylesbury United weren't so lucky, going down 2-1 at home to Northwood. Chalfont lost 5-3 at Biggleswade. Marlow and Goldalming will try again on Tuesday after playing out a 1-1 draw this afternoon, the winner hosts Kidlington in the next round..

And congratulations to Vinnie, who'll take his Witheriidge side into the 1st Qualifying Round in only their second ever season the FA Cup. They'll be away at Wimborne Town.

• Couldn't make the game in Street so thanks all for the info,Street is an absolute shithole and is 2 miles south of Glastonbury.

• 388 at Risboro today... Extraordinary!

• Beaconsfield SYCOB will play Kirkley & Pakefield in the next round following their win over Raunds Town.

• Beaconsfield SYCOB were upset 2-1 at home by Kirkley & Pakefield. Vinni's cup adventure is over after Witheridge went down 3-2 to Wimborne Town. Chesham and Aylesbury will try again after a 0-0 draw this afternoon.

• FAN, FAN, FAN HATER!

• Never forget.

• The draw for the second qualifying round was made earlier today:

Slough will travel to Basingstoke and Hemel to Bury Town
    The winner of the Chesham/Aylesbury replay will make the trip to Paulton Rovers, while Maidenhead will play at Winchester City.

• Decent day in the FA Cup for our local sides. Hemel and Chesham had good wins at Bury Town and Paulton Rovers respectively. Maidenhead and Winchester will try again after a 1-1 draw. Slough are the only local losers, going down 4-2 at Baskngstoke.

• I went to Hook Norton who were unlucky against Weston Super Mare, 4 leagues above them and were narrowly beaten 2-1

• @Keith_Allens_Wig I heard there were nearly 600 there, must've have been a great occasion.

• Maidenhead are safely into the 4th qualifying round after a 1-0 win away at Blackfield and Langley, Hemel will travel to Sutton for a replay after a 1-1 draw yesterday, and Chesham are one game away from making it to the 1st round, beating North Leigh 2-0 in front of 390 at The Meadow.

• The draw for the 4th Qualifying Round was made this morning.

Chesham will fancy their chances of making it into the 1st round proper having been given a home tie against Enfield. Maidenhead weren't so lucky, being handed a trickier looking home game with Woking. Hemel have arguably the hardest tie of the three local teams, facing a trip to Aldershot if they overcome Sutton in the replay.

And i should mention Didcot Town, the lowest ranked team definitely in the 4th QR, they have a fantastic chance to progress to the first round, playing the winner of the Brentwood Town - Hoddeston Town replay at home.

• It was a day to forget in the extra preliminary round for many of our local clubs yesterday. Windsor lost 3-2 at Bedfont Sports, Henley went down 3-1 away to Brinscombe and Thrupp, while despite being at home to Oxhey Jets, Burnham are also out, losing 2-0. Holmer Green were turned over 5-1 at Edgware Town.

On Friday night, Thame United defeated Abbey Utd 3-0, while Bracknell overcame Thatcham 3-2. Flackwell Heath beat Baldock Town 6-3, in what must be one of the games of the round!

• The Preliminary Round of this years competition saw local clubs do slightly better than the previous time out.

Both Aylesbury clubs are out, with United going down 1-0 to Biggleswade, while Aylesbury lost at home to Hanwell Town.

Flackwell continued their FA Cup scoring streak winning 5-1 at Cogenhoe. Thame were on the wrong end of a similar result, going down 7 (seven) -1 at home to North Leigh. Chalfont are safely though, beating Harpenden 2-0. but Bracknell are out, going down 2-1 at Egham.

Beaconsfield SYCOB and Marlow will try again after playing out a 2-2 draw yesterday.

The draw for the next round looks like this:
    Chesham United - Safron Walden
    Chalfont - Arlesey or Potters Bar
    Wantage Town - Marlow or Beaconsfield SYCOB
    Slough Town - Chipstead
    Cambridge City - Flackwell Heath