Skip to content

HISTORY IS MADE!

1235»

Comments

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Wasn't a centimetre spare on the terrace for the Plymouth semi final home leg. Absolutely brilliant night all round as I remember. They got a late goal or two at the end of the away game and of course assumed they just had to turn up here and turn us over. Singing their stupid song back at them and on the pitch after, brilliant night.

I too have such fond memories of that night. Similar to this play-off campaign, the attitude before the first leg was that they would turn us over - I remember that we played some really good football over both legs and they definitely underestimated us.

Who knows what would have happened had Sammy not pulled up in the final but who cares, everything happens for a reason.

• Seeing as everyone is volunteering themselves to @bluntphil, I’ll be outside the press box selling him a half and half scarf (one that says Lancashire Reds vs Buckinghamshire or something) - we know how much he loves his Hotspur half and half!

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Wasn't a centimetre spare on the terrace for the Plymouth semi final home leg. Absolutely brilliant night all round as I remember. They got a late goal or two at the end of the away game and of course assumed they just had to turn up here and turn us over. Singing their stupid song back at them and on the pitch after, brilliant night.

I’ve never seen the terrace that full. Hillbottom road was backed up so we missed Hayes’ goal and the only spot I could get was right on the edge near the family stand.

• I intend to get into the games by hiding ‘up the Wyc’

• @Gary said:

@StrongestTeam said:

I too have such fond memories of that night. Similar to this play-off campaign, the attitude before the first leg was that they would turn us over - I remember that we played some really good football over both legs and they definitely underestimated us.

Who knows what would have happened had Sammy not pulled up in the final but who cares, everything happens for a reason.

What I remember about the first leg was that I couldn't believe how apparently easily we went into a 3-0 lead. It just all seemed too simple. Then they belatedly woke up in the latter stages of the game. In the end, I was just glad it finished when it did.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Gary said:

@StrongestTeam said:

What I remember about the first leg was that I couldn't believe how apparently easily we went into a 3-0 lead. It just all seemed too simple. Then they belatedly woke up in the latter stages of the game. In the end, I was just glad it finished when it did.

Great night for the most part. Hard to believe how that Jason Banton cameo was so out of the subsequent normal.
    Aaron Holloway was fantastic that night

• The Banton signing was the only disappointing outcome of those two games wasn't it?

• Probably the most complete away performance for 65 minutes. A great evening of fun that started with a decent ruby in Plymouth & a couple of pints of Ireland's finest export in a pub about a mile from the ground. A nervy last 10 minutes & windy ride home but slept well.