Skip to content

L1 needs professional referees NOW

Comments

• I guess I’ve flushed out the “remoaners” on this forum LOL.

• Predictive

• @Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    How can a 21st minute red card have little bearing on a game? Fucking Norah.

We’re you there?

I watched the full 90 mins on iFollow so I feel I had a pretty good grasp of the ebb and flow of it.

• @Proactive said:
    I guess I’ve flushed out the “remoaners” on this forum LOL.

I bet you use the word snowflake without irony too.

• @OxfordBlue said:

Hope Norah didn't complain too much about you posting on the Gasroom whilst giving her what for.

• @Proactive said:

@Malone said:

@OxfordBlue said:

A strange wind up.
    All Peterborough fans will know the scoreline monumentally flattered them, and they got away with one of those once a season bits of luck.

Gareth's comments on it will be interesting, if there any..

@Malone said:

@OxfordBlue said:

A strange wind up.
    All Peterborough fans will know the scoreline monumentally flattered them, and they got away with one of those once a season bits of luck.

Gareth's comments on it will be interesting, if there any..

We’re you there?

I watched it on ifollow, so i'd wager I had a better view than you.

• Dont worry @Proactive you've got your football back. Ring the bells!

• @DevC said:
    I thought I had been clear but as several people have misunderstood, plainly not.

The thought was - maybe change the rules to mimic rugby. If a defender commits a foul that denies a highly probably goal, award a goal and a yellow card (just like a penalty try in rugby). No penalty kick - a straight goal.

Anyway not the biggest issue in life.

before my time I think @mooneyman .......

oh and as a gentle aside, @eric_plant has there ever been a rule change you approved of at the time?

Do you mean "law" change?

• @Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

Did you need to be to come to the conclusion that being a man down after 21 minutes, "has little bearing on the game?"

• Come back Richie, all is forgiven. We have a new Gasroom arse.

• @drcongo said:
    Come back Richie, all is forgiven. We have a new Gasroom arse.

Unless it's the same arse.

• @OxfordBlue said:

Does Compo know what your doing!

• I wasn’t at the game because I was working, but irrespective of the rights or wrongs of the decision it’s ludicrous to suggest that a penalty and red card after only 21 minutes had little bearing on the game.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I wasn’t at the game because I was working, but irrespective of the rights or wrongs of the decision it’s ludicrous to suggest that a penalty and red card after only 21 minutes had little bearing on the game.

It's as ridiculous as the guy I saw you debating with on FB about how "ridiculous" it was that the Coventry game is so far away!

Even though it was pointed out to him that Wycombe have midweekers, Cov may well do too and Cov may well have a 4th or even 5th round FA cup game (both midweek), and potentially Birmingham may need their own ground midweek too (presume Cov are still at Birmingham)
    Funnily enough he couldn't produce any dates that were a better fit.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

I watched the full 90 mins on iFollow so I feel I had a pretty good grasp of the ebb and flow of it.

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

As I thought the little group of 3-4 people giving it large on here with their opinions, none of them were actually at the match last night “f’ing priceless”, funny though.

“Oh I watched it on IFollow and had a better view than you” (btw childish), is no substitute for actually investing one’s own time, money and effort to travelling every week to follow your club and of course a level of understanding about the game also helps.

Two words come to mind which are “plastic” & “supporter”

• edited January 2020

Imagine thinking being able (and being able to afford) to go home and away every game makes you superior in any way. Fair play to people who can do that, but most of us can't. That doesn't make us plastics; that just makes us like most supporters of every club.

• @Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

As I thought the little group of 3-4 people giving it large on here with their opinions, none of them were actually at the match last night “f’ing priceless”, funny though.

“Oh I watched it on IFollow and had a better view than you” (btw childish), is no substitute for actually investing one’s own time, money and effort to travelling every week to follow your club and of course a level of understanding about the game also helps.

You're not quite sharp enough to realise you're mixing up two totally different things.

Visibility of incidents. You had one view, in real time from undoubtedly a worse angle than we had on tv with our many replays.

Good support. Well done on going. Dibs to you, genuinely. Not all of us can afford the time or money. Or do jobs we cannot just take time off willy nilly.

You also make the presumption of thinking that just because you currently might go to a lot of games, that others you're looking down on didn't do the same for a lot more years than you have done. And one day you will probably find your circumstances change.

I ask again, what other username have you used when posting on here before.

• @Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

Awful post, this.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Imagine thinking being able (and being able to afford) to go home and away every game makes you superior in any way. Fair play to people who can do that, but most of us can't. That doesn't make us plastics; that just makes us like most supporters of every club.

It's the teenagers who hold this view who have done it for a year that make me laugh...ignoring that others on here have supported wycombe for decades.

• Has @Proactive asked anyone to 'say it to his face at the next game' yet? It's on my Gasroom troll bingo card. 'Remoaners' was a new one though.

• I go to every home game but don't do many aways because I don't have time/can't afford to. Should I just stop supporting Wycombe?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Has @Proactive asked anyone to 'say it to his face at the next game' yet? It's on my Gasroom troll bingo card. 'Remoaners' was a new one though.

Sing up gasroom.
    Were you at Carlisle... Who is the Carlisle equivalent this year? Can't use Sunderland as although that's the furthest away its a Timmy tick off job.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Has @Proactive asked anyone to 'say it to his face at the next game' yet? It's on my Gasroom troll bingo card. 'Remoaners' was a new one though.

Sing up gasroom.
    Were you at Carlisle... Who is the Carlisle equivalent this year? Can't use Sunderland as although that's the furthest away its a Timmy tick off job.

Fleetwood

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I go to every home game but don't do many aways because I don't have time/can't afford to. Should I just stop supporting Wycombe?

What he said...I am an ST holder who does not often travel (Gulp! Franchise my away day this term!) and because of work often misses out on midweek games. Which means I;m giving the club money for NOT going so I'm possibly a better fan than @Proactive .
    (And does he not know we're trying to get rid of plastic...?)

• edited January 2020

I love the use of the term "plastic" for fans of a L1 club who finished 17th last season. Because everyone is clearly all in it for the glory...

• @Shev Don't you watch from the States? The ultimate plastic...

• @chairboyscentral - yes, I am as plastic as they come! A much more recent fan that only watches on TV but for one game a year at AP. I am always amazed when I am allowed to have an opinion on here!

• @Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    How can a 21st minute red card have little bearing on a game? [Blooming Norah].

We’re you there?

Yes, I was there. Yes, it made all the difference. From that moment it became clear that the match was effectively over as a contest and it was only a matter of time before they added to their tally. I notice in my original post I said 80 mins before checking the stats, it just seemed to go on so long. I would love to know what percentage of Chairboy chants were directed at the ref. We did show the team more love towards the end but from 20-80 mins the official took centre stage, punctuated (punctured?) by an occasional Posh goal.

So that one huge decision (in my eyes catastophically mistaken) changed the course of the game from a pulsating, close encounter to a war of attrition. I do not believe that an unprofessional official should be wrongfully destroying the competitive match between 22 professionals (and professional management) and ruining the spectacle for fans both at the stadium (were YOU actually there?) and the Worldwide Wanderers on ifollow.

The Posh fans will revel in the victory but deep down will know it is hollow having been gifted them by the ref. This man will go back to his day job and perhaps not adequately consider the effect he has had on the proceedings due to him being at his day job! Meanwhile GA and the team will go in to work and attempt to dissect their performance under the circumstances.

A part time ref should not be the centre of attention in football and professionalizing our officials will surely lead to an improvement in their performances. The association of league clubs should work in the interest of those clubs and fans to better the competition rather than lazily saying that clubs should fund this improvement themselves.

Sincerely,

Angry in Oslo