Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnet

Comments

• COME
    ON
    WYCOMBE!

• As it stands, PlayerHD commentary will need to be done via a mobile phone due to the absence of any working ISDN lines at the Hive.

— Wycombe Wanderers FC (@wwfcofficial) August 15, 2015

Just had 3CR on and i thought @bluntphil sounded like he was on a phone.

• @bluntphil has just confirmed they're on mobiles due to ISDN issues.

• The two goal scorers, Yes the two goal scorers are on the bench today.

• Ongoing teething troubles. WW exonerated.

• Oh Stewert injured, hope this Thompson and Hayes pairing do the bizz.

• BT man just arrived! Hope for more audible commentary second half.

• 0-0 at half time. Sounds like a pretty dull one so far.

• Bet there will be no changes at half time. :(

• 1-0 good guys. Gary Thompson with a goal from 20 yards.

• Banton on for an injured Rowe. Jombati now playing at CB, Harriman at RB

• 7 (seven) minutes added on.

• 2-0! Thompson from the penalty spot in the 96th minute!

• What's the Thompson chant Phil can't repeat on air?

• Say we are top of the league !!!!!!!!

• We're top of the league. End the season now.

• Get in
    COYB

• Awesome, just awesome.

• Subs made on time. Amazing game well done lads.

• Apologies for those who tuned in on Player. The poor sound quality was down to the lack of any working ISDN lines at The Hive (a Football League requirement). BT arrived but couldn't fix the faulty line in time so we phoned the whole thing in, not a pleasant experience.

• Excellent strike by Thompson came just at the right time. I thought we coped reasonably well with their forwards, who were a handful. Had akinde taken on of his chances first half, however, it could have been a very different game. I thought Bean and Jombati were our best performers. Special mention for Matt Ingram as well who pulled off a tremendous save at 1-0. Found Banton a bit frustrating when he came on.

Still, 3 points and a clean sheet without playing to our best.

• Today I learned that ISDN lines still exist. Well I never.

• @drcongo They don't at The Hive. Surely in this day and age there must be better ways of doing this?

• Bean was man of the match for me, had an outstanding game. Not only the most effective at breaking up Barnet's play, but also bringing it down and picking out an intelligent pass.

Agree about Banton but I'll give him some time, got the feeling he was a bit too keen to impress. On the plus side there though, looked like he and Holloway really understood each other's game, each always knew where the other was.

O'Nien was a spectator for most of it.

• I thought Bean was much better than last season but no more than above average today. O'Nien was good for the last 20 mins when he was the only one whose energy levels still seemed to be 100%. We've done well against two mediocre teams but really need some creative spark in midfield if we're going to challenge. I didn't see McGinn mid-week, maybe he's the answer; if not the window isn't open for much longer.

Generally though, impressive performance, particularly the back four and Harriman.

I'd love to see a front three of Thompson, Holloway and Banton next week...

• Wow @aloysius . You really are a ray of sunshine. Hopefully you'll get more positive when we get nearer the top of the league.

beatingwhatisputinfrontofus

• We are top of the league.

• Christ @aloysius , do you have something against Bean ? he was far from just average today , he was excellent ... I don't disagree that we could do with with a play maker in the middle but I think Bean was the most effective player on the pitch . Barnet are not a bad side , they romped the Conference and they will hurt a lot of teams down there , they are big and strong and Akinde will out muscle a lot of defences at the Hive ,not to mention score goals . We also had the experience of seeing a fantastic goal and we created a great atmophere .. be positive man !

• @drcongo said:
    Bean was man of the match for me, had an outstanding game. Not only the most effective at breaking up Barnet's play, but also bringing it down and picking out an intelligent pass.

Agree about Banton but I'll give him some time, got the feeling he was a bit too keen to impress. On the plus side there though, looked like he and Holloway really understood each other's game, each always knew where the other was.

O'Nien was a spectator for most of it.

To be fair if Banton only get token appearances, one can imagine Banton is doing his almost to prove he should get more game time.

One thing I noticed Banton supplies Holloway with better quality service than the hoof near corner stuff. So imagine Holloway will excel with Banton on the left side of midfield when Holloway is on the left upfront.

Hard shift. Well done guys, especially Bean and Sido.

• Sorry for double posting. Very interesting views from www.onlybarnet.com forum. Hope they realise we aint favorites and will have more of the same from majority of teams in this division.

Sort your ISDN out, as apparently it's been flaky for 3 years, better PR to get some fans and toughen the $#@! up.