Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnet

2»

Comments

• @aloysius said:
    I thought Bean was much better than last season but no more than above average today. O'Nien was good for the last 20 mins when he was the only one whose energy levels still seemed to be 100%. We've done well against two mediocre teams but really need some creative spark in midfield if we're going to challenge. I didn't see McGinn mid-week, maybe he's the answer; if not the window isn't open for much longer.

Generally though, impressive performance, particularly the back four and Harriman.

I'd love to see a front three of Thompson, Holloway and Banton next week...

• @scarlet said:

@aloysius said:
    I thought Bean was much better than last season but no more than above average today. O'Nien was good for the last 20 mins when he was the only one whose energy levels still seemed to be 100%. We've done well against two mediocre teams but really need some creative spark in midfield if we're going to challenge. I didn't see McGinn mid-week, maybe he's the answer; if not the window isn't open for much longer.

Generally though, impressive performance, particularly the back four and Harriman.

I'd love to see a front three of Thompson, Holloway and Banton next week...

Totally agree pal!

• @scarlet said:
    Totally agree pal!

Me too. :)

• @bluntphil wrote:
    They don't at The Hive. Surely in this day and age there must be better ways of doing this?

I would have thought that a Voice over IP (VoIP) setup would be in place for commentaries for quality and capacity reasons.

• @ReadingMarginalista Perhaps one day it will be. At present though, the internet facilities at football, especially in L2 press boxes are even more shady than the ISDN lines.

• @StrongestTeam The equipment we use, which is pretty standard across all the broadcast media, is only connectable via ISDN. A lot of the print boys and girls use dongles.

I'm still 3g, but one thing I do know about is pies, and the ones at Morecambe are absolutely tremendous.

• i like that bluntphil, that's a great statement .....