Skip to content

Southend

2»

Comments

• @Username said:

@eric_plant said:
    That example is too specific as well you know

If it were a club that a) had the right to exist and b) with whom there was not a long standing rivalry (eg Col U) then no, I wouldn't have an issue with it

The year we nearly went out of the league, if we'd list to a non league team in the cup as well, would you have been fine with any of our players being caught out seemingly celebrating with the non league side?

It'd be bad enough seeing your player out larging it after a defeat.
    And to be clear, we're talking whooping it up celebrating, not being "Out" itself.

But to be actually celebrating with the opposition is just exception idiocy.

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@eric_plant said:
    That example is too specific as well you know

If it were a club that a) had the right to exist and b) with whom there was not a long standing rivalry (eg Col U) then no, I wouldn't have an issue with it

The year we nearly went out of the league, if we'd list to a non league team in the cup as well, would you have been fine with any of our players being caught out seemingly celebrating with the non league side?

It'd be bad enough seeing your player out larging it after a defeat.
    And to be clear, we're talking whooping it up celebrating, not being "Out" itself.

But to be actually celebrating with the opposition is just exception idiocy.

If Southend weren't in such a state as well I'm sure there'd be less anger, but the player knows what the current club situation is and that the fans won't need much of an excuse to get angry right now.

• Yeah. You can keep throwing examples at me if you like, but the answer will be the same

• @eric_plant said:
    Yeah. You can keep throwing examples at me if you like, but the answer will be the same

Dev_Plant

• edited November 2019

It sounds like the same player was caught making an idiot of himself in similar fashion while at Charlton - whose fans don't seem keen on him.

• @eric_plant said:
    Yeah. You can keep throwing examples at me if you like, but the answer will be the same

Username's last example is an almost exact recreation of what Southend fans have just experienced.

• I don't know why you're getting so wound up. I'm just saying how I feel. I don't really know what more you want me to say.

I haven't suggested for a moment that you shouldn't react in the way you do.

• edited November 2019

Eric is right in a way, some things tickle some a lot more than others.

From the whole MK situation, the EFL cup, "away" kits (just that term!), kick off changes, VAR, ticket priority etc.

But I don't think anyone is getting too wound up about this, just a shake of the head and "that's stupid".

• Spot on @Malone. Stop spoiling it!

• @Malone said:

From the whole MK situation, the EFL cup, "away" kits (just that term!), kick off changes, VAR, ticket priority etc.

But I don't think anyone is getting too wound up about this, just a shake of the head and "that's stupid".

You say that, but people have talked about "anger", "idiotic behaviour" and fans wanting him sacked. That sounds like some people at least are getting wound up wouldn't you say?

• @eric_plant said:

@Malone said:

You say that, but people have talked about "anger", "idiotic behaviour" and fans wanting him sacked. That sounds like some people at least are getting wound up wouldn't you say?

That's football fans for you. Hysterical. Keep away from Tesco Express, Harry.

• He's been made to train with the U23s and won't be considered for the next first team game.

• @eric_plant said:

@Malone said:

Nah, words are mere words on a screen, and are not necesssarily with any tone associated.

If people were smashing stuff up while writing, then maybe you'd have a point.

• And probably no issue with that left winger we had, (whose contribution was so little to the cause, that I've forgotten his name), who apparently came into the dressing room after we'd been battered whistling "I'm loving it"

I think you’re referring to Dean Morgan who I believe is currently turning out for Beaconsfield Town.

• I think it’s Tom Williams.

• Who now plays for Hashtag United, whatever that may be.

• Yep, Williams.... Morgan for all his faults didn't sink to that level of (alleged) douchebaggery

• @Malone said:

@eric_plant said:

@Malone said:

Nah, words are mere words on a screen, and are not necesssarily with any tone associated.

If people were smashing stuff up while writing, then maybe you'd have a point.

So literally the word "anger" shouldn't necessarily be taken to mean anger?

ok

• edited November 2019

I love you Eric.

What tone was that said in?

And also, I might have missed it, but did anyone say they were "angry" themselves? Or just said they could understand any anger over it?

• I'm really angry most of the time. Nothing to do with Southend though. I think it's age.

• Don’t stop out too late, you two.

• @micra said:
    Don’t stop out too late, you two.

lmao

• Agreed. I consoled myself at the time with the news that promotion would have bankrupt us, such was our financial position.
    Will Blooms be required to play for a throw in rather than boot it high into the Wembley stands again at the death in this seasons playoffs, just to avoid financial jeopardy? #conspiracytheory

• Have Southend tickets gone on sale yet?

• @Wendoverman Not yet, I would imagine next week.