Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Match day thread: Milton Keynes

1235»

Comments

  • Don’t agree with everything you wrote, but it’s all about opinions and I applaud you for a well written piece and for taking the time to write it.

  • edited August 19

    @glasshalffull Thanks very much. To be honest, I'd be a little disappointed if I wrote that many words and people agreed with it all. Football would be a very boring thing if we didn't see it differently.

  • Thank you @th100, I really enjoyed that. Keep them coming!

  • Again an excellent piece @th100, keep them coming please.

  • @th100 I think your mystery over why Smyth was taken off may have had something to do with him picking up another yellow card, his second in two home games and something he needs to cut out.

    👍 👎 ( 2 )
  • edited August 19

    @AlanCecil I honestly overlooked that. I think I was so caught up in the unfolding carnage that I missed it. But yeah, it's not ideal. Wasn't he booked at Bristol Rovers as well?

  • He was still muttering about it instead of chasing down a loose ball shortly after his caution

  • Smyth, from what I’ve see, strikes me as classic confidence player (think Paris C-H). When up unplayable, but if things go against him’mardy’ as they say in the midlands. Probably why he has been farmed out by Rangers. Needs to watch the niggle side of his game. Lost his potency after the yellow on Saturday ( which had some retaliatory malice in the nature of the tackle) and possibly pulled by Gaz to avoid red. Really hope he stays focused but, unlike others views, jury still out for me. Not sure how he would react if Gaz benched him, we do have a plethora of attacking alternatives after all.

  • edited August 20

    Two yellows in three games isn't a great first impression, but he has only been booked six times in his career - not too much of a worry for me. I think he's going to absolutely tear this division up.

  • Yeah I'd much more focus on a good goal in the first game, and dazzling feet in the second home game to win us a pen.

  • After seeing Lewington's dive for the first pen when nobody touched him quite a few times surely there's a case of retrospective punishment for deceiving the ref which is a 2 game ban i believe.

  • well it wasn't clear on the replay to charge him with anything there was contact and Jacobson shoved there guy which was a blatant pen !!

  • @rmjlondon said:
    well it wasn't clear on the replay to charge him with anything there was contact and Jacobson shoved there guy which was a blatant pen !!

    Watch Inside Matchday and then as usual you'll be proved wrong, nobody touched him but he went down holding his shin.

  • @AlanCecil said:
    @th100 I think your mystery over why Smyth was taken off may have had something to do with him picking up another yellow card, his second in two home games and something he needs to cut out.

    While I agree with your reasoning for the sub Alan...I think it's a case of what sort of player would be he if you trained the fiesty little Irish fire out of him?

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @robin said:

    @rmjlondon said:
    well it wasn't clear on the replay to charge him with anything there was contact and Jacobson shoved there guy which was a blatant pen !!

    Watch Inside Matchday and then as usual you'll be proved wrong, nobody touched him but he went down holding his shin.

    It's annoying to hear that then, although Lewington has had a few arsey games against us. Good to see he didn't benefit at the end of the game!

    JJ's was the classic "experienced" sort of contact, that you'd often see a pen for in sunday league, but not very often in the pro game.

    Reminded me a bit of Pierre's bundle on the Tottenham guy in the FA Cup.
    The expression of "but i always do this in league 2" on his face.Shocked.

  • Like @th100 I think Smyth is going to be great for us.... cant believe after just 3 games, and good games at that... people are picking little faults already !?

    👍 👎 ( 2 )
  • @HolmerBlue said:
    Like @th100 I think Smyth is going to be great for us.... cant believe after just 3 games, and good games at that... people are picking little faults already !?

    It's important to get your digs in now...so that when it goes belly up you can say...I told you despite his tricky wing play, goals and obvious skill that he was a liability... :wink:

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • There was a request on the Singing the Blues thread asking for opinions on the way games have gone, player performances etc. Seems re the two above posts that alternative views are unwelcome if they don’t tow the accepted narrative. Shame.

    👍 👎 ( 3 )
  • @>; @perfidious_albion said:

    There was a request on the Singing the Blues thread asking for opinions on the way games have gone, player performances etc. Seems re the two above posts that alternative views are unwelcome if they don’t tow the accepted narrative. Shame.

    That's right. You're not allowed to have an opinion. Especially after you've just had one. There's no room for discussion. It's unwelcome especially on here which is why no-one ever has one. It's stamped out because THEY don't allow it they don't. Great shame.

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • @th100 said:
    I went and wrote rather too much again for a breakdown of the game: https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/08/19/light-dark-blue-monday-wycombe-3-2-mk-dons/

    Not much to disagree with there @th100 although as noted elsewhere I think Smyth was hooked before he gave Mr Kettle an excuse for another penalty/red card. The fella that came on did alright though. We seemed to be watching the same game. Good stuff.

Sign In or Register to comment.