Skip to content

Contract news

Seems we will have a few updates today.

Ballroom Bill announces Scotty Kashket has signed a three year contract extension.

Comments

• Wow. Three years. Not quite sure what to make of that. Great player when fit but how many games will we get in those three years.

Better the devil you know I suppose. Good luck Scott

• edited May 2019

Three years with his injury record is quite a big risk. Fingers crossed we get enough out of him to make it pay off.

• Wonder if the 3-year term is a trade off for a lower wage. I'm very pleased he's signed though - for me he's the most natural finisher at the club and I doubt we'd have found anyone better this summer. Good start!

• Either he’s on pennies a week or we’ve got some good assurances about his long term health. Worth the risk tho, this is good news.

• Wow - 3 year deals at our level are always a huge show of faith.

Great stuff.

• On the official site now. All the best, Scottie!

• Terrific news! Love watching Kashket when he's at his best. You can see the technique from his futsal playing days in his game. If he can stay fit and get a run of games, he has the ability to go on a prolific goal run. In his first season with us, I think he had something like 13 goals in 15 games at one stage ... would be massive if he can get close to that form next season.

• Optimistic this will be the season Kashket really hits his prime. With luck on his side, he could be a 15+ goal a season striker.

• Has only really looked effective playing alongside Bayo. Hopefully the Beast will sign on for another year, or if not, we can sign a Rammell type replacement.

• Talk is there's so little cash atm, that without loans we're unlikely to get much in. Having let Paris and Tyson go, and with CMS even closer to calling it a day, need to keep what little striking options we have.

Without getting bogged down in stats, this tweet shows that while we create chances, we need any strikers we can get to finish them off.

• I don't actually know what that tweet means. Got to laugh at the hashtag.

What is xG? Very deep completion (I can guess the not right answers)?

23rd on possession but 6th in touches in the box. Beginning to see why Kashket could be key

• I assume very deep completions is free-kicks/long-balls from a deep position resulting in a goal (e.g. Jacobson free-kick, Bayo finish).

• XG is how many goals a team is expected to score based on the quality of the chances they created. We scored more goals than 7 sides in the division this season so we're punching slightly above about weight on that stat. The fact that we're midtable on shots bit 18th on xG is another story.

• edited May 2019

It's all tedious stats that detract from the actual beauty of the game, but xG is an analysis of the chances you create and how many goals you're predicted to score in a game.

Being the 6th highest for touches in the box, but 4th from bottom of xG, means we faff about with the ball in the box without creating many real chances on goal.

• I imagine the basic wage is lowish with incentives for goals and games. If he starts scoring then the contract could be valuable for us as he may be a player that could be sold for decent £.

• I imagine the longer contract is in the hope he starts doing the biz on a regular basis and then can command a hefty fee.

• @Glenactico said:
    I imagine the basic wage is lowish with incentives for goals and games. If he starts scoring then the contract could be valuable for us as he may be a player that could be sold for decent £.

Almost certainly I would imagine...

Can't see it being more than 1.5k a week and that may be on the high side given our current situation...

I reckon something along the lines of...

1k -1.5k p/w (5-10% increase per year maybe..?)
    150 start
    100 bench
    100 home win
    150 away win
    100 goal

If we win at home and he scores I reckon he's taking the best part of 1.5k home that week...

With 6 players released I reckon the best part of 8k-10k p/w on wages was freed up so maybe GA only had to increase his wage by around £500 a week or so..?

I'd say that's probably reasonable given his age, he's shown he can go on a run of goals and we're probably relying on loans next year too so may not have to forfeit too much of that weekly cash to the bigger clubs (providing they are feeling kind and don't want us to contribute too much to their wages!!) and we can offer better wages to potential permanent signings or renewing contracts.

• What's that based on Roger9?

That looks like utter conjecture.

• Is @rg9wwfc Dev's new username?

• I imagine that the delay in signing was the result of further negotiations. With no more wages as an option then negotiating a three year deal is possibly what he held out for. Subject to fitness a good deal for both parties.

• @Malone said:
    What's that based on Roger9?

Surely it's that genuine inside info you were so keen on a couple of weeks ago ;)

I'm delighted Scotty has signed on , even more so for 3 years. His time is coming once again...

• @mooneyman said:
    Is @rg9wwfc Dev's new username?

Haha. I don’t know who that is... I guess the word these days for me in regards to the gasroom would be a ‘noob’..?

But I’ve read enough posts in here to know there are some utter knobs and would quickly like to distance myself from all of them :-)

Whether this Dev chap is one of them, I don’t know, but just in case..... ;-)

• @Malone said:

If by roger9 you mean me (which I’m not sure whether you do or not but hey ho) then it’s purely built on having some friends playing (and finished playing) professional and semi professional football and having an (albeit very rough) idea on the going rate in the lower leagues...as that’s where they typically play/played!

• @rg9wwfc said:

@mooneyman said:

But I’ve read enough posts in here to know there are some utter knobs

Way to make some new friends LOL

• edited May 2019

@rg9wwfc said:

@Malone said:

If by roger9 you mean me (which I’m not sure whether you do or not but hey ho) then it’s purely built on having some friends playing (and finished playing) professional and semi professional football and having an (albeit very rough) idea on the going rate in the lower leagues...as that’s where they typically play/played!

Ah, a mix of a too quick look at your name/with a bit of presumption. Apologies.

For years I actually thought our leader was named Dr Drongo. Ahem.

Unless your friends have been with Wycombe I dare say it can only be like you say, a very rough guide.

Listening to a Gary Lineker podcast the other day, he said he never had a goal bonus - which I found strange. But like he said it could cause problems with greed over the best for the team.

I would presume there would be an assist bonus if there was a goal one? Otherwise that could cause some problems - although we do hear often how tight knit the gang are, and I suppose the win bonus could be lost if you didn't make the assist for a definite goal!

Someone "close to the running of the club", once told me Gareth often uses subs for the sake of it, to in effect pay out more, so that his budget stays higher.
    A sort of strange logic that if he keeps it as high as possible through usually playing 3 subs, then even with a percentage cut, it'd be higher than it would have.

Seemed bonkers to me, as surely a budget is set on the amount of money we reckon we can put in, rather than as a percentage versus the previous year?!

• @Malone said:

@rg9wwfc said:

@mooneyman said:

Haha yeah I did think that after I posted....

Still.....you didn’t disagree with me... ;-)

• @Malone said:

@rg9wwfc said:

@Malone said:

Ah, a mix of a too quick look at your name/with a bit of presumption. Apologies.

For years I actually thought our leader was named Dr Drongo. Ahem.

Unless your friends have been with Wycombe I dare say it can only be like you say, a very rough guide.

Listening to a Gary Lineker podcast the other day, he said he never had a goal bonus - which I found strange. But like he said it could cause problems with greed over the best for the team.

I would presume there would be an assist bonus if there was a goal one? Otherwise that could cause some problems - although we do hear often how tight knit the gang are, and I suppose the win bonus could be lost if you didn't make the assist for a definite goal!

Someone "close to the running of the club", once told me Gareth often uses subs for the sake of it, to in effect pay out more, so that his budget stays higher.
    A sort of strange logic that if he keeps it as high as possible through usually playing 3 subs, then even with a percentage cut, it'd be higher than it would have.

Seemed bonkers to me.

No offence taken at all :-)

I very much believe that you bring in and pay a striker to score goals anyway, and therefore they shouldn’t be “re-incentivised” to do the job they’ve been hired to do in the first place... As Harry Redknapp said once in one of his great anecdotes, “I’ve not brought you in to miss ‘em!”

But I fear that the landscape may have changed somewhat since Lineker (sad face) and agents will be doing the best for their clients.... and that’s another can of worms in itself!!

• edited May 2019

@rg9wwfc said:

@Malone said:

@rg9wwfc said:

@mooneyman said:

You'll soon be in the thick of it, and spot the following...(some harder than others)

1) The power group
    2) The ITKs (clue - they've currently gone missing as their "knowledge" didn't happen
    3) The whimsical delights
    4) The absolute WUMs
    5) The posters you genuinely get mixed up with each other but are probably different people
    6) The posters definitely posting under 2 different accounts (who are the same person)
    7)The height obsessed, borderline pedantic, but generally cuddly dad figure
    8) The possible Number 4 who within a min of posting, will be smothered in animosity from 3-4 individuals, a couple potentially from part 5
    9)The commentary legend who even 20 years into posting on the gasroom and gasroom 2, still can't spot a Number 4.

and before anyone suggests one for me
    10) the tells it how it is uplifted fella, with way too much time on his hands, who sometimes gets into heckles with people from 1, 4,5 and 6.

;)

• @Malone said:

@rg9wwfc said:

@Malone said:

@rg9wwfc said:

@mooneyman said:

You'll soon be in the thick of it, and spot the following...(some harder than others)

1) The power group
    2) The ITKs (clue - they've currently gone missing as their "knowledge" didn't happen
    3) The whimsical delights
    4) The absolute WUMs
    5) The posters you genuinely get mixed up with each other but are probably different people
    6) The posters definitely posting under 2 different accounts (who are the same person)
    7)The height obsessed, borderline pedantic, but generally cuddly dad figure
    8) The possible Number 4 who within a min of posting, will be smothered in animosity from 3-4 individuals, a couple potentially from part 5

and before anyone suggests one for me
    9) the tells it how it is uplifted fella, who sometimes gets into heckles with people from 1, 4,5 and 6.

;)

Hahaha!!! Very helpful. I certainly feel safer navigating the forum now. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for sure!

There’s certainly a few ITK’s as you put it that have gone quiet, even in the short time I’ve been aware of this forum...

• POTD, @Malone! You should be the Gasroom tour guide...