Skip to content

££££ Value of Staying Up

Comments

• Are we actually for sale ? I mean is it common

• Pressed wrong button !!! I'll continue

Is it common knowledge that we are up for sale ? I' d have thought that being as close as we are to London would make us slightly more attractive to some potential buyers

• Only the debts are up for sale...the club will remain ours. I fear this may be why it's so quiet out there in football owner land...

• No thats not right is it ?

The ground is ours ( despite boards best efforts) but if someone gets past the 75% vote ... they are the new owners. Or am i getting completely muddled

• I thought the ground was the other 25%...but we all know once they've got 75% it's only going one way. But I am also easily muddled.

• @bookertease said:
    Noooo @Wendoverman!!! Don’t leave us alone in here with Richie & Marlow!!

At least if you do, leave a box of cheese & onion crisps to chew on.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    No thats not right is it ?

The ground is ours ( despite boards best efforts) but if someone gets past the 75% vote ... they are the new owners. Or am i getting completely muddled

It won't be ours if we can't stump up £500k by the end of the year.

• @EwanHoosaami when there's a chance we'll be down to the last Pringle next season? No chance!

• Des Walker might have something to say about it

• You'll never beat Des Walker

• Nottingham Forest and England central defender “back in the day”. Irritated fellow players by singing “you’ll never beat Des Walker”. Not a lot of people know that.

• @micra dont they?

• I know, it’s a bloody disgrace. They’re probably the people who talk about Notts Forest!

• @micra ignoramuses! I feel sorry for them.
    We also used to sing you'll never beat Des Walker and it irritated fellow football fans.

• I think I heard you bellowing it out in that Adams Park ceremonial pre season friendly a quarter of a century ago.

• Ceremonial opening pre-season friendly even.

• Not me I was still in East London....might have been Des Walker.

• So no one actually answered my question

Are we actually out there, in the open, everyone knows.... for sale ?

• Hey @HolmerBlue - I am not "in the know", but it does sound like the Trust have made it generally known we are up for sale. I just don't know it is ever official in the sense of real estate, or something like that (though you do see some official announcements of clubs, usually troubled like Bury, being for sale). It is just a weird situation, as technically, with the 75% threshold needed, it would be hard to say we are for sale in the sense of "hand over the money, and then here's your club" as it will be a convoluted process. But in the sense of the Trust putting feelers out to anyone and everyone, I would guess that we are.

• Cheers @Shev ... yeah kind of makes sense

• There was a bit of a question around this in the last meeting, have we advertised/done a full commercial search from the market aswell as fan base, existing contacts etc, got a bit of a fob off as if "everyone" should know.

• I wonder how such an approach works?

Is there a "tycoons weekly" magazine we put an advert in?

• I think generally you replace the 'Cherry Red Records' on the front of the shirt with 'For Sale'?

• We should start our own TV channel so our games can viewed and the money paid in goes towards club funds.

• Well you had me fooled @trevor. Trolling of the highest quality over such a long period. Well done sir (presumably)

• @bookertease said:
    Well you had me fooled @trevor. Trolling of the highest quality over such a long period. Well done sir (presumably)

How am I trolling?

• edited May 2019

Top idea Trev.

Any thoughts about the ban on showing 3pms on Saturday though?

You know, that tiny issue that stops the giants of English football doing such a thing?

Or did you mean, to a foreign audience, tapping into those 37 exiles we have abroad?
    If you did mean that, I think IFollow stole your gig.

• @trevor said:
    We should start our own TV channel so our games can viewed and the money paid in goes towards club funds.

You absolute cretin.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@trevor said:
    We should start our own TV channel so our games can viewed and the money paid in goes towards club funds.

You absolute cretin.

No need for that then

• @OxfordBlue said:

@trevor said:

You absolute cretin.

what a bully you are...what a big man you are