Skip to content

The Release Radar

Comments

• He'll need to be struggling for a club by late July for us to even have a snifter.

• Everyone would have said the same about Mackail-Smith and Tyson's wage demands 2 years ago though so who knows

• Alternatively, Graham Carey is (I believe) out of contract at Argyle. A bit of an inconsistent performer, but great on his day.

• @thedieharder said:

The following players that have been released are definatly players that we should look at over the transfer window.

Oh my goodness, are you H?

• Definately not. Wrong misspelling @aloysius.

• I quite like the look of Beck who plays for Harrogate. Strong, tall, knows where the goal is, consistent...

• edited May 2019

@Gary nah, he's a Loser.

• @YorkExile said:
    @Gary nah, he's a Loser.

Wow! (?)

• to be fair I always knew where the goal was and was entirely consistent in my attempts to force it even vaguely in its general direction......

• edited May 2019

McCrory from Burton played well last time I saw him, we need another genuine left back to compete with JJ.

More left field pick: Jamie Osbourne from Solihull Moors. Out of contract in the summer, creative midfielder for a team that finished second in the conference, could be ready for the step up.

• as it stands, our recruitment policy will be driven by the following criteria

a) doesn't cost anything
    b) no-one else wants to sign him

• Mark Warburton was Brentford manager when we went through that purple patch of bringing in some quality on loan from them, right? Yennaris, Pierre, Saunders etc.

If so, continuing to raid the QPR reserve team will also be a key aspect of our recruitment policy I'd imagine.

• @Username said:

More left field pick: Jamie Osbourne from Solihull Moors. Out of contract in the summer, creative midfielder for a team that finished second in the conference, could be ready for the step up.

No idea on Osbourne specifically but these are the type of players I hope are on GA’s radar. Players excelling in the two leagues bellow who are out of contract and may well be looking to step up.

I’m sure they are, along with a few gems none of us have ever heard of. And Fred. Please sign Fred.

• Reading's Luke Southwood looked absolutely superb for Eastleigh in the National League play-offs - and it sounds like he has been throughout his loan spell there. Would be worth looking at on loan, although I've heard he's expected to be in the first team picture at the Madejski next season.

• edited May 2019

https://www.theposh.com/news/2019/may/club-confirm-retained-and-released-list/ Peterborough

Aaron Chapman looked a decent 'keeper at Accrington - 6'8" and comes for the ball. Transfer listed rather than released though, so maybe not particularly realistic.

• Ryan Allsopp is contracted until June 21. Unless budget dramatically improves, highly unlikely that we will have two "first choice" goalkeepers on the books.

• I've seen Jamey Osborne play a few times, absolutely no doubt he could play at League level. He's had one shot at it already having left Moors for Grimsby a couple of years back - did okay but nothing spectacular then got injured and left when a new manager took over.

• @Gary said:
    I quite like the look of Beck who plays for Harrogate. Strong, tall, knows where the goal is, consistent...

Hmm, I've watched Harrogate a lot this season and don't think he's good enough for our level. However, Towns goalkeeper James Belshaw is someone I like very much.

• We need someone to go through all of these release lists and propose players and someone else to explain why we cannot afford them or why they are not worth bothering with. I assume there will be a queue of volunteers (Only real players @rmjlondon not random words RUTH! PLIMSOLL! BIERRE! HARIBO...)

• Unfortunately, for now (pending investment), Wycombe is the hobo who looks in the bin behind the restaurant to see if there are any half eaten chicken drumsticks or pizza slices that have been discarded. I am not even going to allow myself to get excited over new players until the musical chairs is about to stop, right before the season commences. That is when we will find the day old pepperoni fragments.

• @Shev said:
    Unfortunately, for now (pending investment), Wycombe is the hobo who looks in the bin behind the restaurant to see if there are any half eaten chicken drumsticks or pizza slices that have been discarded.

If you believe half the complaints here, they then serve them up in the kiosks in the ground.

• @th100 said:
    https://www.theposh.com/news/2019/may/club-confirm-retained-and-released-list/ Peterborough

Aaron Chapman looked a decent 'keeper at Accrington - 6'8" and comes for the ball. Transfer listed rather than released though, so maybe not particularly realistic.

he looked class....would be an amazing signing!

• edited May 2019

@Shev , pretty much.
    That's why , once Gaz decides if he's staying, and once we've renewed who we need to, he might as well go on holiday until July, and then see who is still free.

In fairness, we were never top of the list for players.
    Who could forget that summer Steve Anthrobus (!) led us a merry dance all summer!

• It's about time we signed Alex Revell

• Frank fielding is a great GK also ...

• Disappointed if PCH does go. Although he could on occasion be a passenger, he had that potential for real moments of spark - for instance the fantastic finish to start the comeback against Doncaster.

Interesting to see if we can get someone better in on similar wages to him.