Skip to content

Our nice new pitch

Did the game go ahead last night, if it did how did our pitch fare...does anyone know?

Comments

• Yes it went ahead. Pitch looked lush. Efforts were made by the ground staff to keep wear & tear to a minimum (keeping GK's away from goalmouth during warmup). Still felt pretty solid under foot though!

• Despite my fears yesterday it seemed to stand up to the incessant rainfall Ok. There was some waterlogging but no great damage seems to have been done. The grass is very dense but short. It looks great.

• Still don't like the idea of another league team literally on our turf . There I said it, the best place for Reading is Reading.

• it might look great but I wonder if it plays well

• blue_w you need to get a life!

• It did. Passing on the deck the like of which was rarely seen last season. Considering that over an inch of rain had fallen on it - a month's average July quota - it played remarkably well. For someone who was so quick to poo poo my suggestion yesterday that the forecast persistent heavy rain might be a problem, I am somewhat surprised that you would entertain even the slightest doubt that conditions might be difficult or that the effect of a match being played in those conditions could lead to damage, however short-lived. We want that perfect surface to remain for 8 August. I am now more confident that it will.

• @Morris_Ital, I feel you, but I wouldn’t be surprised we got some much needed cash and also help build up relations and our existing networks with Reading FC.

• @Ciderk1d You're right I know you're right but ffs reading.

• Im not saying they might damage it, Im questioning if it plays well ...... we have not spent much on it its only ripping off the top surface and seeding that we have done
    nothing dramatic unless u can correct me

• I wouldn't dare.

• This will act as a blanket for your players to roll around on. #stayonyourfeet

• You're keen @bentley1 . Not many people sign up in the wee small hours of the morning! The 1 in your monicker sounds ominous.

• I couldn't sleep with excitement of playing in league 1.

No need to worry there's only one Dan Bentley.

• Oh, I see. The 4-1 defeat still rankles.

• Was your namesake in goal for that game? I think he is a great 'keeper by the way.