Skip to content

Brentford update

Some interesting news coming out of Brentford...

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/brentford-tell-midfielder-he-can-leave-the-club/?

Not suggesting for a moment we'll be signing him, but if Douglas is expected not to be needed then that might well indicate that Yennaris and Saunders won't be either....

Comments

• Surely if you are reducing the size of your squad and you release a midfield player, any midfield players left have a greater chance of being retained? I've no idea what the intentions are at Brentford, but I'm struggling with the logic of your post.

• The logic is that if they don't want a midfielder who played nearly every game for them last year, then they aren't going to want a midfielder who was out on loan in League 2 either. But I can follow your logic too, it could go either way.

I'm hoping that Bane knows what he is talking about, and his hints are pointing towards the signing of Yennaris or Saunders.

• Much as we might love to dream, I think they'd be mad to let Nico go. Not sure the same applies to Sam though.

• Seems a bit odd that we would play two midfield trialists if we were about to re-sign Nico and Saunders.
    On a positive note both the trialists looked pretty useful.

• Sorry Chris, neither of those two THIS week. But Nico is more promising than Sam.

@Bluemoon having two trialist midfielders means they are out of contract and thus would be signed on a permanent, unlike sam and nico who have wages that are significantly, i mean a vast increase, in what wycombes wage budget will allow. So a loan is the only option, if they/he is a target of wycombes

• So we're getting a new permanent player either today or tomorrow who's none of the Maguire / O'Nien / Woodland / McGinn trialists, nor is he either Yennaris or Saunders? And this person will put a smile on our face?

Care to give us any more clues @Bane? Like position, why he will put a smile on our face, when it will be announced?

• Im gonna plump for O'nien !!

• I can't think of any (realistic) midfielders who haven't played for Wycombe before that would definitely put a smile on people's faces. So an ex-loanee or player then.

Craig Eastmond, Billy Knott, Kadeem Harris? Matt Spring, Ben Harding, John Halls?

• If you want a smile, have a look at Luke O'nien via his Wikipedia entry - footnote 7. (I don't know how to provide a link to click on to.) It is a quite remarkable feat!! Footnotes, feats, feet - I dunno.

• Bane
    July 22 in Football
    Midfield.

Not luke woodland & he did not play last night.