Skip to content

Lee Angol to The Posh

Just seen The Posh have signed Lee Angol , big jump from Borham Wood

Comments

• Apparently they've beaten off Premier League teams to sign him! Interestingly never played a game for Luton but they're going to get some sort of fee given his age and I imagine a potentially hefty sell on fee %. If he does well we'll really have missed a trick and some much needed cash.

I think there was a thread on here in the past where he said his time at Wycombe was awful...I reckon there must be a story there whether GA just didn't rate him or felt there was an attitude problem..either way it's a shame.

• Yes think there was a Gaz issue, he kept Junior M (who was just terrible but tried hard) & let Lee go, the last game Gaz ignominiously played him at left back in the Berks & Bucks Cup at Beaconsfield (he was quite good!). Ainsworth, trying to show who is boss I guess, has matured a bit as a manger since. Best of luck Lee, always thought you had potential.

• @StrongestTeam, Yes, as Holloway picked up some good form and if look at the play off games a lot was attributed to Holloway being a nuisance upfront, hence GA executed a clause in Holloway's contract the day before our big day.

• Lee Angol obviously had a lot of ability but always looked a bit off the committment and pace required of a game.If that's changed.....good luck to him.

• The reality is that we can't have too many speculative players in the squad. Jr and Angol were exactly that and in all fairness they both needed to player at a slightly higher level than they did on loan to prove themselves. Angol clearly did - Jr maybe did find his level.

• Angol has given two years to impress at the club. After a fairly impressive 2012/13, it was surprising to most that he was given a new contract for 13/14. He didnt impress there either. For whatever reason it didnt work. Shit happens move on.

Like anybody else GA has his weaknesses. it would appear those weaknesses (real and imagined) will be picked over in detail as part of a good old moanfest if the upcoming season doesnt go well. Surely if there was one area above all that GA and his team have demonstrably not been weak in is young player development. Inevitably though they will not get every decision right or extract the full potential from every player.

• @DevC
    I think you should go back to your 20 paragraph bland rants, as your little short ones seem to make even less sense ??

DevC
    9:58AM Flag
    "Angol has given two years to impress at the club. After a fairly impressive 2012/13, it was surprising to most that he was given a new contract for 13/14. He didnt impress there either. For whatever reason it didnt work."

• Didn't think any of our players were much cop last year SYCOB

Good burger though!