Skip to content

Matt McClure

see that he has signed for Dagenham - good luck to him!

Comments

• 2 year deal also!

• Sadly after York and Fulham I will be missing the Daggers game as I will be on me hols. Though I assume poor old Matt will be injured by then...?

• I hope they have a good physio as he'll be very busy!

• The kid from Kes still gets snidey digs even after he's left.

good luck to him

• Hear hear..

• Best of luck to Matt. A good player with cruel luck. Hopefully a change do scenery will change his luck.

• Nice bloke and real goal scorer with great potential. Just too injury prone

• edited July 2015

Not 'just too injury prone', he was too soft for a Div2 striker & his tactical / positional sense never developed. He is an instinctive not thinking striker & that's not enough for a club like ours that needs each squad member to have the capacity to be at least two types of player. The budget will be better spent else where.

• If even Gareth couldn't improve McClure's performances then I think he faces an uphill struggle to establish himself in the football league.

• I think he'll be fine.

• I think he will do well.

• @Blue_since_1990 Cant say I share your optimism, but lets hope he proves me wrong.

• I do actually like Matt and thought he got quite a hard time so I apologise for my little joke. I hope he does well next season except against us.

• If can stay unbroken and with regular games he'll do well, we've all seen flashes of his potential (not a euphemism) good luck Matty, don't score against us

• McClure scored two for Dagenham yesterday as they beat southend 2-1.
    Hope he does well for them this year.

• @bentley1 won't be happy about
    Matt McClure scoring against his beloved Southend. "Only a friendly ".

• @micra not just the once!