Skip to content

This 55pts crap

It's clear that our club has no ambition. Reach 55 pts and their celebrating that we're not going down. I dont get this? Sell Scowen and PCH for next to nothing, dont bring in a single striker when currently the 3 we have are virtually useless, it really is a struggle supporting a club with no ambition. we'll be lucky to make playoffs.

Comments

• 1) after last year, reaching 55 points with the ease we did is worth celebrating.

2) I'm sure the club would have accepted a donation from you to prevent us from selling PCH and Scowen, did you offer?

3) we were lucky to stay in the football league lay year, I'd call lucky to make the play offs is ambition!

• @IanBeale said:
    It's clear that our club has no ambition. Reach 55 pts and their celebrating that we're not going down. I dont get this? Sell Scowen and PCH for next to nothing, dont bring in a single striker when currently the 3 we have are virtually useless, it really is a struggle supporting a club with no ambition. we'll be lucky to make playoffs.

Totally agree with everything you say. No ambition and sometimes it is a struggle.

• have our expectations been raised too high on the small squad we have and the budget that gazza has to work with . but I will be disappointed if we do not make the p[ayoffs which with how we are playing is the least we deserve COYB see you all at carlisle

• "...with how we are playing is the least we deserve" - what planet are you on? The appalling hoofball/kick and rush (call it what you will) during the greater part of the last two games has been incredibly dispiriting.

• I'd imagine baxter's comment was based on the season as a whole, not the last 2 games. Besides, I don't think we've particuarly been playing "hoofball/kick and rush", 1st half yesterday perhaps, but I thought we generally looked to build from the back against Plymouth, we just didn't do it very well, as our moves kept breaking down everytime we got the ball out wide.

• We played it on the deck for 19 minutes against Plymouth but were unable to score despite sustained pressure. Plymouth scored 12 seconds after our ludicrous short corner when we had not a single player in our half. Panic set in and it was 90% hoofball after that.

• Try running a business sometime and you'll see there is a massive danger in over stretching your budget and in doing so driving your cash flows negative which unless you have a very generous benefactor with very very deep pockets you will be in trouble. How many clubs have you seen do this? Get promotion, buy big and land the club with a huge on going wage bill and then the next season when you don't maintain the success and or get relegated you can't afford your outflows.

I understand after such a whirlwind of a season so far it's disappointing when we see under par performances, but no ambition? really?

• Only Wycombe Wanderers fans would need reassurance that their club is actually trying to win games...