Skip to content

So with the squad taking shape, what are the 2015-2016 predictions (13th July)

May be too early for some but we can update as we add to the squad / get nearer to the big kick-off. COYB. My vote is for at least a play-off slot. No pressure Gaz!

Poll not found

Comments

• Interesting, our first top three vote. COYB

• With the addition of a good central midfielder (in the Saunders mould) I really think we could make the play-offs at least.

• Over 54% for play-offs after 33 votes.

• After 42 votes over 64% believe we will finish 7th or above!

• Cant see the poll....but my two pence worth is a top 10 finish..

• I voted for top three, because I think Gaz has made some good additions to a good (if small) squad and with a new pitch if we can replicate last season's away form and improve the home form...it is not beyond the bounds of possiblilty. I am also an optimist. Mostly.

• It is good to be optimistic Wendoverman.

• After 54 votes over 61% see us finishing in top 7.

• with the current squad i think top 10, if we get 2 more contracted players of the same quality as Saunders i think we could even make top 3...at the moment i would say that the top 3 will be Luton, Oxford (hate to say it) Portsmouth with Cambridge being the dark horses

• Oxford have Michael Appleton in charge his managerial record is mediocre at best I suspect they will be mid table unless they make a change .

• Good start and if we can sustain that for a few months, my predictions are top 10 but mu spider sence with our current squad is we may spring a surprise and push even harder. We have definitely improved the squad just hope Stewart and Pierre can carry on the Mawson/Pierre magic and score from set pieces and corners.

• I know they must make a lot of money in pies and programmes, but Portsmouth have been appalling the last two seasons...and yet they always seem to be in the running for promotion.

• 59 votes to date. Let's push for 100.

• @Wendoverman I think Pompey will do it this time round. A very good proven lower league manager who has signed some historically good players that he's worked with before. I believe that he has been given a very good budget as well. As such I see them as the Shrewsbury of last year but with a better manager.

• After 60 votes more than 63% see us finishing in the top 7.

• Let's hope they are right.

• Blue_since_1990 - We can actually the read. We don't need a running commentary on the stats!

• Can you? Well done.

• So what is " the read"

• He can the read but he can't the write.

• Love it! And I for one can't access the poll stats. And I now have an iPhone. Oooooooh everybody.

• Unable to access the poll on my Samsung 3, so used a Desktop Browser and voted.

• Just for Greg. 62.5% say top 7 finish after 72 votes.

• Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism as long as it doesnt turn into an expectation. What would the mood be I wonder if this season was dull midtable throughout (when did the club last have one of those?). Would the players not care, the manager be tactically inept and useless at substitutions? Or would that be regarded as a decent broadly par performance?

• Well, some of the more gloomy absent Gasroomers who were denied their usual fix last season will be able return to their default positions pick a scapegoat, tear up their season ticket, refuse to ever go to Adams Park while Gaz/Howard/Beeks are there, etc etc etc