Skip to content

Beeks is back why?

Need answers on this very quick. Why would you invite someone who has very little respect by the majority back onto the board? Dis-trust.

Comments

• Read the statement on the trust website and twitter. Already an ex trust committee member has gone ballistic at the trust.

• Oh dear, this is not good news at all. Dracula rises from the coffin once again. I'll second your call @M3G - why is he back?

• A simple one: he is the chairman's best mate.

• OMG - will you all just get over it! zzzzzzzzzzz

• @M3G said:
    Need answers on this very quick. Why would you invite someone who has very little respect by the majority back onto the board? Dis-trust.

The gasroom in any form isn't a true reflective of the majority, in fact it is a minority. So most Wycombe fans won't bat an eyelid about the return of Beeks and in fact large numbers will be pleased.

• Didn't we already have this discussion.

• Should have gone to the meeting if you wanted to find out why! I did and 99% of the people in attendance supported him!

• I was at work, can you explain a bit please?

• @Chickenhead So if someone didn't attend the meeting, they're not entitled to know why the decision has been made?

• @Chickenhead those type of comments are exactly why we struggle for fans. Transparency is key to get fans back in seats!
    M3G is not a local, as many of us are not. Do you expect people to take 2 days of work and travel hundreds of miles to be allowed to know a simple answer. Shame on you!

• So its a secret then? Its a long trip on a Tuesday from Lancashire.

• I'm sure a record of the meeting will be sent to members in good time.

• @Chris why is it such a secret? This clubs fans are a joke and hence we struggle to get an increase in numbers. Super fans looking down their noses at others. Both on here and at the games!

• I don't think it is a secret? I didn't go to the meeting either, so I don't know any more than you.

• @chris i was not ranting at you. Just in general, our supporters do not want to share and encourage but put new fans off.

• I don't think that's true, Wycombe fans seem friendly to me. If there is an 'elitist' element, I don't think it's any bigger a proportion than other clubs.

• I have no problem with Ivor Beeks but what is the point of having trust members and then not giving them a vote.two of the new members are just yes men and I am afraid there are very few members who can think out of the box.

• I've encountered fans at several clubs that I've supported over the past 60 years and the club I've loved most (for over 40 years) has the best fans of all.
    The meeting last night was extremely upbeat and optimistic with enthusiastic support for a charismatic and inspirational Chairman. He hates the petty politics and personal vendettas (particularly perhaps, on last night's evidence, from on-line sports journalists) but is enjoying the fact that there is greater unity among fans/directors than for a considerable time and a real sense that we are heading together in the right direction. In short, he and his colleagues, volunteers, shareholders, club employees etc are doing a great job.

For those unable to attend last night's meeting I believe there will be a report on the official club website in the next day or two.

• You get elitist fans at all clubs. Those who travel to all away games and attend every home game are obviously true supporters but some of them do look down their noses at people whose travel, home, work lives or even finances restrict their ability to do so. I have certainly witnessed this during my 25 years of supporting Wycombe.
    I have nothing negative to say about Beeks rejoining the Board and it was pretty much well known that it was to be the case, subject to approval. The Chairman appears to be doing a very good job, so if he trusts in Beeks to come back, then that is good enough for me.

We need to kick on in a united manner and maybe better communication from all parts of the club will assist that goal.

• It's laughable that people actually believe the appointment of Ivor Beeks will have any adverse effect on attendances. The reasons that WWFC don't attract the support they used to are many, varied and in common with most clubs at our level. They have nothing to do with board appointments.

• @Chickenhead said:
    Should have gone to the meeting if you wanted to find out why! I did and 99% of the people in attendance supported him!

It's people like you (and other Trust figures on Twitter who should know better) that make me want to jack in my Trust membership and rue signing up for the share scheme.

The Trust calls a meeting on a Tuesday night, conveniently starting at an earlier time to assist junior supporters. Meanwhile, people with jobs or those who live 100+ miles away are roundly sneered at for 'not attending' and given unhelpful teasers about the many great reasons for Beeks' return that they can't be told about as they didn't drop everything to attend. Even a Trust board member stooped to this nauseous behaviour last night, while using the legitimate excuse of work for not having any info prepared for non attendees to read!

So it's ok to be too busy to explain what happened at this inconvenient meeting but not ok to be too busy to attend it?

Instead of being an utter twat and dropping hints to prove your insider credentials, why not tell us the news?

What a pitiful clique the Trust is becoming.

• Worryingly I agree with your sentiments I'm on holiday and couldn't make last nights meeting , I have to stop myself resigning my trust membership regularly.
    At least as a member I have a voice .

• I for one am glad Beeks is back, he ran this club well until the Hayes saga which most people that don't post on here didn't care about either. I would say 5percent don't want Beeks back and that isn't enough is it really. GET A LIFE AND STOP GOING ON AND SUPPORT ANDREW HOWARD WHO CLEARLY KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING JUDGING BY HIS RECORD SO FAR !!!!!

• To micra's point above - completely agree

I've never been to a trust meeting before that was so upbeat and made you leave feeling the club was really moving in the right direction

• Whilst I am concerned at IB getting back in the fold, I am hoping he has learnt from the Hayes mistake. My question where is Matt Cecil now? I didnt see his name on the list.

• Had it not been for the effort of the many supporters who care about this club we would have lost Adams Park and be facing oblivion. Beeks was an advocate of that plan and played a big part in trying to push it through. Allowing him on to the board is a strange way to thank us for our efforts.

• The reason for Beeks's inclusion is that Andrew Howard has worked with him in the recent past and has found his experience with the FA and FL blazers useful, as well as his wheeling and dealing getting us the pitch relaid and replacement floodlight bulbs (to meet new FL standards) at a discounted price. Howard doesn't seem to have any time for anyone whose experience of Beeks during his tenure as chairman (or other engagements with the club) has been anything other than 100% positive, as was shown when Howard's 'bad cop' side came through during the meeting when a long-standing supporter asked Beeks to clarify his reasons for not declaring that he was part of the anonymous part that was buying the training ground and leasing it back to the club. This was a perfectly legitimate question as the actions of this group was heavily criticised at the time, and if one of the group was to be co-opted onto the WWFC board then this was relevant information. The person asking the question being hectored in such an aggressive manner by Howard hardly bodes well for the club being run in an open and supporter-friendly manner.

I understand that the person who asked the question discussed this with Trust directors and Beeks himself afterwards in a far more respectful manner, and got a better understanding of the situation than was made public at the time the deal was announced by the Trust.

• @blueh_w said:
    GET A LIFE

Says the man/woman who spends most days posting wholly inaccurate claims about imminent signings.

• Supporters of this club will never learn to have a bit of healthy scepticism. Howard is beyond any questioning, Beeks is the messiah etc etc.

A few bad results and the same people will be demanding Howard's head on a pole.

Why is it so wrong to ask Beeks to account for his role in a fiasco that is costing some of us to this day? It's not convenient for me to have a season ticket or purchase shares, but I do so to support the club out of a hole that Beeks was instrumental in digging. I think he owes us a few words on the subject and I think Trust grandees should stop having a pop at anyone who dares to question.