Skip to content

Are we doing enough to promote the sale of season tickets?

Maybe it is early days yet but the last posted number of 1,700 season tickets sold seems pretty low, especially when we took some 17,000 or so to Wembley.
I know the club advertised in the BFP but are we doing enough to stimulate sales and if not, what else can we do?

Comments

• Maybe it would help if the matchday prices were published. At least people could see how much they would potentially save by buying a ST.

• To get 10% of our Wembley attendance paying for a season is not poor IMO.

I took 4 friends to the play-off Final, none of whom supported Wycombe, and never will.
    My brother also came, a Wycombe fan who lives in Newcastle, so he is not going to buy a season ticket either.

I don't know how representative that is - probably not particularly, but my point is that our Wembley attendance really bears no relevance to our season ticket catchment size.

• Yeah, there were a lot of daytrippers there that day (which is fine and totally to be expected), probably loads that hadn't been to a football match and just fancied a day out etc.

I think buying a season ticket would be a pretty hefty first step for that level of casual fan, they might check out a game or two off the back of Wembley, but converting straight into an STH is a bit ambitious.

• From the original Gasroom:

GasMan
    Season Ticket sales update
    Fri Jul 10, 2015 13:03

As reported at the Trust meeting earlier this week:

Total sales have now reached 1,847 compared to around 1,100 at this time last season. 13% of these are first time buyers.

The Club have the contact details of the 15,000 or so who purchased tickets for the play-off Final at Wembley.

To put these figures into perspective, our greatest Season Ticket sales figure was 3,600 for the 2001/2 season (post FA Cup Semi-Final). This had dropped to around 2,400 by 2004/5 season. It leapt back to close to 2,900 for the 2009/10 season but has fallen to below the 2,000 mark in recent seasons.

However, it looks like the sales this coming season will be the best since the Trust takeover.

• Thank you. That is a very good input and puts this season's sales into perspective.

• Good post thanks

• If we can hit 2000, maybe even a few more that would be superb. It also strikes me as a big plus that although the ticketing admin for Wembley was outsourced, we have been able to gather valuable contact info. Let's hope we can pull a few more in as a result, particularly as we have so many enticing local derbies next season. Another big factor will be the quality of the pitch following re-seeding and whether we can capitalise on that by improving the on-field product in out home fixtures. Most of our best stuff came away last season and I cannot recall the last time we had a really strong season in terms of home form.