Skip to content

Something is Stirring at Brentford.

It appears that Mark Warburton will be leaving Brentford at the end of the season regardless of Promotion, Play-offs or not.

Mark Warburton has maintained his dialogue with Matthew Benham, even though the Brentford boss faces the axe.

The Bees owner is understood to want to restructure the club over the summer after growing frustrated over January's transfer activity, with Rayo Vallecano boss Paco Jemez the favourite to take charge .

Despite the uncertainty over his future, Warburton, who has insisted he will not quit , has been in contact with the owner.

He said: “I always speak to him. It's a tight club. It's a forward thinking club and communications are good. It's just dialogue. He was asking about the game, individuals. It was just normal dialogue.

“It happened. The club released a statement and it was important to get some clarity there. This squad of players do not deserve anything other than 100 per cent focus.”

Comments

• Goodness knows who get charged with "bringing the game into disrepute" but this is surely ridiculous. Mark Warburton has done exceptionally well at a Griffin Park and his media appearances do great credit to Brentford. I'm sure the new Premier League pot of gold has got a lot to do with it.

Perhaps this sort of thing is why I enjoy my midweek excursions to Non-League games so much. It's a touch of reality in the increasingly barmy world that is modern-day football.

• Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get the QPR job from next season onwards unless Ramsey makes a huge impression...

• Without a degree of stability Brentford will end up a shambles like Leyton Orient.

• Brentford operate a DOF model (and they have a very good one at that - Frank McParland) so to suggest that a "frustrating January" is Warburton's fault is rather baffling. Who actually pulls the strings in the transfer market when a team operates with a 'sporting director'?