Skip to content

Larry Pritchard

Hi.

It's ten to one in the morning. I'm writing an article. It's full of typos and my brain hurts.

Does anyone know exactly what position Larry Pritchard played? I know he was a midfielder, but was he a central midfielder? I don't want to be dramatic, but it's basically vital I know.

Please help me...

Comments

• Larry Pritchard was indeed a midfielder, primarily known as a central midfielder, but he also had the versatility to operate in more attacking or defensive midfield roles when needed. His main position was central midfield, where he could influence the game by controlling play, making key passes, and contributing both defensively and offensively. This central role allowed him to be deeply involved in Wycombe Wanderers' build-up play and transitions.

• @tewkesburychairboy Amazing, thank you so much!

• Larry was a fabulous player, who turned down several offers from football league clubs. I rave about Noel Ashford but Larry's technical skills, his reading of the game, were on his level.

• Thank you both. Just doing a small paragraph on his four-goal display against Woking in 1971 - as you do on a Sunday.