Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Crawley

12346»

Comments

• Perceived quality of entertainment is definitely a key factor. The perception of our quality of entertainment (in relation to our style of football) being pretty dire is worryingly widespread and will take time to eradicate.

• Sadly, that particular game kicks off at a stupid time and is available live on the red button

That won't be the day the great attendance revival begins unfortunately

• The best advert for live football is the f'ing red button. I will have a nervous breakdown with that 'service' before the season is out

• edited 6:47PM

Yep, catching up on this thread it's a bizarre point for everyone to get upset by.

Yes you "technically" have to log in on one specific page, but there's a very very obvious place to find the prices on the main website - they're not secret!

On the pricing overall question, with a season ticket there's obviously the pro rata discount and if you pay it yearly you sort of just forget about it.

If you were paying £29-31 each game you'd certainly think this is bloody steep for 3rd tier fare! For the first time in about 2 decades I actually swerved an FA cup game over the price and easy TV viewing.

• Good job you made the point about kick-off time for the Posh game (12:30pm). I actually hadn't spotted that and might have been arriving at AP just as the game ended!

• To steal from the old Larson cartoon 'What we say to dogs'

What we say to Lomtadze: Ticket prices, access roads, chairlifts, toilets, parking fees, half time refreshments.

What Lomtadze hears: Development squad.

• I am with @micra on this one. It will be interesting to see how many of the people who don't attend every game, but will come to an 'important' game will be at Adams Park at 12:30 on the 19th.

I can't manage all games and although I have had a season ticket for the terrace I sometimes upgrade to the Frank Adams.

All that said the Terrace atmosphere was as good as I can remember for five or six years for the Crawley game and it lasted the whole despite the lack of sheer joy in the second half. It felt more cohesive there than it has done for ages. Felt like the crowd was a 12th man. There was a lovely atmosphere at the Memorial Stadium too.

As has been argued previously on this thread there are many factors that go towards individual decisions on whether to watch the game live, pay to watch on TV, not pay to watch on TV, not see the game at all, but quality of the football entertainment and the atmosphere at the ground must be two of the most important.

MB said he wanted fans to look forward to going to matches, I am really pissed off that the Stockport game has been postponed and I am already decidedly looking forward to the 19th - even though I haven't yet started the Attendance Prediction thread.