Skip to content

Man of the Match - Northampton (A)

Putting this poll up early as I am out for much of the day.

I am putting all subs up, as I obviously have no idea who will get on the pitch from that group.

MOTM
  1. MOTM?66 votes
    1. Ravizzoli
        0.00%
    2. Grimmer
        3.03%
    3. Low
        6.06%
    4. Skura
        0.00%
    5. Harvie
      10.61%
    6. Scowen
        3.03%
    7. Humphreys
        1.52%
    8. Morley
        0.00%
    9. McCleary
      21.21%
    10. Kone
        7.58%
    11. Udoh
      45.45%
    12. George (potential sub)
        0.00%
    13. Hartridge (potential sub)
        0.00%
    14. Butcher (potential sub)
        0.00%
    15. Bakinson (potential sub)
        0.00%
    16. Sadlier (potential sub)
        0.00%
    17. Lubala (potential sub)
        0.00%
    18. Taylor (potential sub)
        1.52%

Comments

• Perhaps an unusual choice but I thought Humphreys was excellent.

• This will be close. Udoh all the way until the miss that I too missed because I was having a pee. I’ll go for olé King Kone.

Caleb Taylor looked even more powerful in the air than Tafazolli. I hope Declan Skura’s confidence won’t be affected by his two errors and being subbed. Probably not because it’s obvious, not least from his forages forward, that he’s a very confident lad.

We came under siege in the last 20 (?) minutes after Northampton brought on two subs, one of whom (no 24 Tariqe Fosu) was arguably their MOTM. He was signed on a one year contract on 9 August. His recent background includes spells with Charlton, Oxford United (where he was a prolific goalscorer cutting in from the left) and Brentford (where he was named in their 25 man Premier League squad three years ago).

• Udoh for me, great physicality and battling, and no little skill.

That said, GMac looked lethal for long spells, and the fact they made a sub to nullify him speaks volumes.

• Went for Udoh, but could easily have been Kone or GMac. Humph did well too, as did Skura.

• Good that you are able to forgive Skura’s two awkward moments. Well the first one was rather more than awkward and denied Rafazolli his 15th (?) clean sheet.

• edited September 14

I thought his pass from the edge of the box went morley or less straight to Hoskins. The business on the touchline was weird. It looked as though he had strongly and skilfully shepherded the ball into touch but the damn thing refused to cross the line.

I really rate the lad.

• After some pretty unwarranted criticism from some quarters (imo) I thought Dan Harvie had a superb game today. Quietly went about his business, but didn't put a foot wrong. Won the ball back in dangerous places, started attacks down his wing and generally looked very solid. Very happy to have him in at full back.

• I agree, Literally just said the same on the match day thread

• Some good performances across the pitch today but think I am going to go for GMac - was really excited every time he got the ball today

• Unquestionably, Udoh, for me. Lots of solid performances though.

Shout out to Harvie who had his best game for us so far.

• I went udoh but harvie impressed me today actually

• Some excellent performances today but for me Joe Low was superb at the back. He seems to get stronger and more confident every time I see him. I think we could be fighting teams off trying to sign him in January. Unless the price is right😉

• Asides from the moment where he seemed convinced that the referee had given a foul against Taylor, when he hadn't at all. Recovered well, but play to the whistle!

• Udoh - strong and powerful, works so hard, scores again despite playing off the left - what's not to like.

• edited September 14

That didn’t wear too well. I think I am a bit too biased towards Kone based on how well he has acquitted himself to this level of football. Udoh is certainly very impressive. They have the makings of a pretty prodigious partnership.

• GMac was excellent. Udoh showed movement and physicality which is something we’ve not had for ages. But Humphreys gets my vote he is so mature and does many good things so quickly you barely notice what a good job he is doing. Constantly demanding the ball and then giving a quick pass it’s easy to overlook him.

I feel for Butcher. He transformed our season last year and now is a bit player.

• Don’t write Matt Butcher off just yet! He has appeared to be struggling slightly for fitness - it happens - but I’m sure, like several others, he’ll be determined to regain a regular, if not permanent, place in the team at a time when we have more quality midfielders competing for places than most of us can remember.

• Long old season.

• I agree about Butcher. Nothing against Morley, but we always look a better team with Butch in it