Skip to content

EFL Squad Lists 2024/25

The EFL have published the squad lists for each member club today.

Not included in the Wycombe Wanderers list are:

Jack Young

Brandon Hanlan

This means they will not be eligible to play until the transfer window opens on 1 January 2025.

An updated list is then submitted again in February 2025 after the window has closed.

Comments

• Is this eligible for league games or for all competitions?

• To be honest I am not sure if this applies to the EFL Trophy. It certainly applies to EFL League One matches.

• if league only, I wonder if we might see Hanlan in a BSM or FA Cup tie in December (if we can get to the later rounds of both tournaments). if not, he’ll be like a new signing in January!

• We have only registered 19 of our 22 allocation.

Believe that means Young and Hanlan can be added at any time if desired.

• This list is only an initial list. As we have not registered 22 players we can add three in the coming weeks, be that free agents signings or Young or Hanlan.

This list only applies for league games. Players do not need to be registered on EFL squad list for cup games.

• I have to say I’m surprised that Hanlan is not on the list. Even if the club do not think he will be ready until November or December, you surely put him on there? Maybe he’s had a setback.

It could though suggest that the club hope to sign three out of contract players…

• Every day is a school day.

• No real reason to put him on until he is close to fit just in case something happens to cause us to need that space for someone else.

• Shame for Hanlan as I am sure they originally hoped to have him back at the end of pre-season. As for Jack Young I really feel for the lad. I hope he is happy being part of the squad and is developing.

• Assuming he won't play before January, there is no benefit in naming him now. If we do name him, he takes the place of any potential signings we make. What is the sense in naming him? We don't know what other injuries we may get from now til then that mean we need to sign players...

• I'm hearing a familiar name is going to be filling a spot very soon!