Skip to content

Attendance Prediction - Northampton (a) - Sat 14th Sept '24 - Match 5 in 24/25

2»

Comments

• I'm the lowest predictor @micra ... by quite a long shot. I'm massively questioning my thinking now, but its an obscure kick off time, against a similar size club to us. Often many have over predicted our home gates massively in hope or expectation.

Keep faith in your gut instict. Who knows eh?

• 5850 with 401 chairpeople please

• 5950 with 625 Wycombe

• 5,743 including 589 away

• 6,219 with 608 of us

• 5712 with 502 chairboys

• 6,111 with 625 Chairboys.

• 3,999 with 399 away.

• edited September 14

Sorry to @micra and anyone else who wants to change. Arrived home late last night - sometime I will keep a promise to myself never to use Ryanair again. Will try and put up the average posts before the game, before reminders are rendered useless.

I see there is quite a spread in the range of predictions.

There will be a 11:30 deadline for predictions that count in the year long competition.

• Thanks for that @Alexo. Good advice.

We know now of course that there will be around 600 from the Park but it’s the total gate that matters and I will stick.

• 6255 with 725 Blues

• 5785 with 660 Chairboys

• The deadline for scores to count in the season long competition has passed with 33 predictions so far.

Average for the Total Crowd: 5484

#Average for Away Crowd: 506

The range is quite large for this game - from just under 4000 to a little under 6400.

Anyone who would like to is still welcome to give this game a go.

• 5250 with 635

• 5995 with 624 Wycombe according to their twitter

• Top Twenty for the Total Crowd: [Actual 5995]

Many congratulations to both @Onlooker and @Forest_Blue joint winners of the Title of Forecaster of the Week - the first time that has happened so far this season. The round number of 5600 giving them both a very tidy score of 5.

Congratulations to @SmiroludyBlue whose sequential prediction of 5678 was out by just 83.

Although number else was within one hundred there are a fair few scores in the less than 200 and less than 100 ranges.

Our average prediction of 5477 over the 34 predictions was out by 118.

Top Twenty for the Commendable Away Support: [Actual 624]

Many congratulations to @robin and @Commoner - joint closest for predicting the number of proud Wanderers who made the journey and both just missing by a single person. Top notch predicting which incidentally has added just a touch to my own regret at not being there.

To my memory, which is not infallible, this is the first match in the whole competition where there have been joint winners in both the Total Crowd and the Away Crowd competitions.

Congratulations to those who were within 31 - (5%) of the 624 total: namely @bookertease; @thecatwwfc; @DJWYC14; @Forest_Blue; @Onlooker and @NewburyWanderer. Those final three also managed to produce a triple tie for sixth place with the prediction of 600 Blues fans.

Our average for the Away Crowd prediction was 509 over the 34 predictions which was an underestimate by 115 - remarkably close to our collective underestimate of 118 for the total crowd.

Top Twenty for the Away Crowd: [Calculated 4971]

Well!

An absolute triumph for the round number brigade. Many congratulations to @MindlessDrugHoover, @Onlooker and @Forest_Blue whose well rounded prediction of 5000 for the home crowd was out by just 29. Nobody else was within one hundred.

Also amusingly to me, our average forecast for the home crowd was 4967 - out by just 4 - so collectively we were much better at predicting the home crowd compared to our own away crowd, which we underestimated by a touch over 18%.

Just two questions remain for me before I post predictions for the home game against Cambridge on Saturday - will we ourselves manage a home crowd of over 5000 and will we score two goals again.

• Think you have a typo on your spreadsheet for total attendance Steve. 5995 not 5595.

• Can I refer to VAR please!

• Could I suggest just putting the tables in only if redone. Obviously a lot of work goes into the narrative, and I wouldn’t want all that effort going in again.

Always the best weekly thread on the site in my opinion

• edited September 16

Oops:

VAR says -

Revised Top Twenty for the Total Crowd: [Actual 5995]

Apologies all round - VAR says @mooneyman is Forecaster of the Week - many congratulations for that and being only 5 away with the round number predicition. Congratulations going to @ryan_w_kirkby2; @perfidious_albion; @Commoner; @a40 and @mwite who were all within one hundred.

Top Twenty for the Home Crowd: [Recalculated 5371]

Many congratulations to @mwite - out by just 21 and congratulations to @Commoner and @PJS.

Edit:

\just realised that @Onlooker and @MindlessDrugHoover also made calculated predictions of 5000 for the home crowd and should rightfully appear at the tail end of above table alongside @Forest_Blue .

Thanks to all for your tolerance - I am just pleased that I hadn't got round to entering ithe wrong information into the 'Tour de Season' Spreadsheet.